Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vectoring with photoshop???

Vector layer on top or bottom?

I'm reading this thread with interest, finding Ruben's and Larry's posts especially useful. I too learned Photoshop first and have used it since the first version. Compared to my favorite draw program FreeHand, CorelDraw seemed simplistic and clunky at first, but now I find it has a lot of features and is quite a good program. Question: When it comes to actually burning, does it matter if your vector cutting line layer is on the top or not?

Thanks to all, dee

ps - BTW Larry, I believe the term is "photo silhouette", an old retouching term.
    Last edited by Dee Gallo; 03-08-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Dee,
    I think the order of the cutting line or image, makes no difference to the Laser driver as long as you map your colors right, although I'll put the cutting line on top of the image just for viewing purposes, just in case there is that nasty white background rectangle.

Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    I'm reading this thread with interest, finding Ruben's and Larry's posts especially useful. I too learned Photoshop first and have used it since the first version. Compared to my favorite draw program FreeHand, CorelDraw seemed simplistic and clunky at first, but now I find it has a lot of features and is quite a good program. Question: When it comes to actually burning, does it matter if your vector cutting line layer is on the top or not?

Thanks to all, dee

ps - BTW Larry, I believe the term is "photo silhouette", an old retouching term.
    Dee:
    I believe I said "photo statuette" not silhouette. At least that's what I meant.

I normally do everything on a single layer. I rarely use color mapping. I use layering to do multiple pages where I have several tables full of different things to vector cut. That's the only time the layer would make a difference, as far as I know.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation