Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post

BTW Karl.......we've been in the mid-50s to low-60s for a week or so now. It's time to take my studded snow tires off.

Hey Tyler. Have you gotten out of bed this week?

Hey Ken. PHHHHTTTTTTT!!!!!!

And I don't think Mr. Howell has gotten out of bed. Last he posted was Wednesday I think.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Karl, you said:
    As a PSA to Tyler; HEY BUD, THIS IS A WEEKEND. It won't be long and you'll not know the difference between the weekend and those long gone work days.

One of the problems I've found with retirement is that you never get a day off and no vacations! Bummer!
    But, then again, it's always the weekend when you are retired.
    It's a biiiig mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a hurry.

well, last weekend i got 'grief' ( ) from some of yall because i was layin in my hammock and fryin fish. Nature is not without a sense of irony. She is paying me back for tellin yall that.

Today, in Georgia, its snowing. Yup. 72 last weekend, 65 yesterday....today 36 and snow.

AAIIGH .. time to play outside with the puppies .. !!!!

If I have enough time after installing a threshold in one of the upstairs doors, repairing the drain in one of the bathtubs and re-gluing some broken toy furniture for my kids....I'll be building a shooting board for my LV LA jack plane!

120 individual box joints last night for the rear of 6 drawers.. 120 more starting in a few minutes... then 108 pins and 108 tails for hand-cut dovetails for the fronts..

The beat goes on......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello,
    My plans:

Hit the kitchen early Saturday morning - little scrambled eggs w/Jalopeno's, few dashes of Tobasco - some tissue thin ham grilled & folded int the eggs w/ some sharp cheddar (not too much) cheese melted on top- some hash browns/w onion, sliced hot & mild peppers & butter grilled pieces of celery - mixed in and browned in hot, hot -smokin hot peanut oil.

Get to the little local pond - North side where the sun has the water just right for some early season Crappie action - catch a few/maybe keep a few. Finish up around 11:00am.

Head back home for a quick shower and change of cloths.

Make post time of 1:00pm at the race track and bet what's left of my week's "allowance" on the ponies.
    Pick up a couple of hot dogs w/stadium mustard for a quick lunch.
    Head home with my winnings - after hitting the daily double and a few trifecta's - and shop for some tools.

Take my wife out to Red Lobster for a nice seafood dinner for her, and steak and crab legs for me.

OR

Shovel the @$#5%#$^, 12 inches of snow in the driveway!!!!!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Big Snow for SW Ohio

THe weather morons got one right. I'll be digging out all weekend. Thank goodness for global warming

Yes, the weather men hit the nail on the head for a change. 18" on the roof of my car right now here in Columbus and still snowing.
    Grant
    GO Buckeyes!

Rich--we need to trade lives for a short time!!! I have a couple thick ribeyes soakin' themselves in a nice marinade. Snow is still on the ground. Less than 30* outside and 15+ mph winds. But--I still gonna grill them rascals. Instructed LOML to pick up some corn-on-the-cob on the way home so I can put them on the grill. Have some good spuds to throw in tin-foil on the grill. Have some mushrooms and crab-meat for some stuffies. A few brewskie's chilling in the garage. I ought to be jumpin' for glee, but you know what--It's colder than a well digger's a$$ outside. Any other time I would be appreciating this moment, but since I'm the grilling champ in the neighborhood, I am gonna have to brave it and go melt some snow with the grill! I can't let the climate dictate what I can and can't do and give up the reigning title. I'm gonna contribute what I can for global warming here in a few Thinking of you in the process!!
    Last edited by mark page; 03-08-2008 at 6:15 PM.
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Thanks Guys for the PSA.
    I'm still waking at 4 like it or not but I am going back to bed.
    Took a load up to the new place Thu. -20*
    Only 0* last night.
    What a mess, but that's all the majors. I could have a great shop if I could find anything.
    Ran a few rounds through Al's 45 Semi auto
    That's a lot of hardware.

My fellow employees, family, and friends gave me a very nice send off.
    Some Borg gift cards, original artwork for the new place and many well wishes. I going to miss the daily interaction with some of them
    Great turn out.

Lifted my full machinist 6 drawer roller cabinet into the trailer by myself and didn't destroy my back or nothing.

Getting ready for a week in Mexico

Have a safe weekend.

tjh
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Thumbs up

Went to a gun show with my son today. Then an orchid show with my wife on Sunday. (see photo) Then I am taking Monday off from work for me. I'm planning to paint my train room.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    See my other projects at www.peterspirito.com

Of course plans change.

Currently stuck at the airport (hotel) in Cincinati. Flying to Boston in the morning. Problem is that is still 200 miles short of my destination. So going to drive home again for the second trip in a row. So now Sunday is wasted for traveling. Except for Tuesday no work till the following Wed (10 days).

I'm working on this http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=78037 all weekend.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day