Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else have trouble dealing with In-line industries?

Anybody else have trouble dealing with In-line industries?

Has anybody else had trouble dealing with In-line industries?

Do they not answer the phone, even though you call during their published business hours of 8am and 3PM Eastern time?

Did they ship the wrong parts?

Did they not return your phone calls or emails when you called to tell them the order was messed up?

When after many calls a human finally answers, were they borderline rude and not seem to give a darn that they messed up your order?

Did they treat you like it was YOUR fault that they screwed up your order?

Did they hang up on you before they would answer your question about whether they were going to pay for the shipping of the correct part and return shipping on the wrong part?

The above has been my experience over the last 5 weeks. I don't know if it is typical, or if perhaps I just caught them at a bad time.

I ordered a PALS kit and two identical machined pulleys. The order was shipped with an incorrect pulley. I've been trying for 10 days to get that corrected but they don't answer the phone when I call. Nor do they return emails.

This morning I finally got through and hopefully the correct pulley will be shipped next week. Add 4 or 5 days for shipping, and it will probably be the following week before it gets here.

They are a small business, travel to a lot of shows, etc and I don't expect them to drop everything and work on my small order. But when an order does get messed up, I DO expect them to at least return my phone calls asking how to proceed with an improperly-fulfilled order.

My advice, if you want to buy In-line products, is to see if you can find them from another vendor.

If you do choose to buy from In-line, place the order by phone. And don't expect delivery in less than four weeks, and if the order gets screwed up don't expect the folks at In-line to give a darn.

The PALS kit that I ordered is nicely made and I highly recommend it -- but if possible buy it from another source. In-line's order fullfillment and customer service is the worst I've seen in decades.

Fortunately, this was just a small order and in the grand scheme of things it isn't a huge deal that it took so long to get corrected.

I'm hoping that my experience is the exception rather than the rule.

-Tom H.

There was another thread not all that long ago indicating difficulties with this manufacturer/vendor.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I was concerned recently when I ordered the P.A.L.S. from them (on-line) because of comments I read here about untimely delivery,etc. I received a prompt e-mail from them saying they would let me know when my order shipped. Even though I didn't get the notification e-mail, the order was shipped and received probably within ten days or so. Sorry you have had problems. Maybe I just got lucky.

My order from them went ok as well. On line order too. My only complaint was the pulleys I got were a bit on the corroded side. I didn't call and complain though. I just cleaned them up and installed them. I just assumed they had been on the shelf a while. And it didn't really effect their performance.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    Jerry is really a nice guy .. .. . he just hides it well !! !! !!

He is great at promoting his product at shows, but neither he nor his wife seem to excel at running the business side of the business. It's a shame 'cause he really does have a few really nice products, and I believe in the long run, it is going to hurt him. The best thing he could do (IMHO) would be to sell his business and maybe go to work for the new owners just doing shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wingard View Post
    Jerry is really a nice guy .. .. . he just hides it well !! !! !!

He is great at promoting his product at shows, but neither he nor his wife seem to excel at running the business side of the business. It's a shame 'cause he really does have a few really nice products, and I believe in the long run, it is going to hurt him. The best thing he could do (IMHO) would be to sell his business and maybe go to work for the new owners just doing shows.
    Wow...Deja Vu..all over again....I have heard that same thing a few times in the last 16 years. I bought my Dubby from him and his wife at a show over 16 years ago. Seemed like nice people.
    Gary

Several weeks ago, I called to see if they would be at the Charlotte show this weekend. The lady on the phone said "check the schedule of vendors for the Woodworking Show." (She met all of the stereotypes of a Boston Yankee.) I did and they weren't there. Called the Woodworking Shows office, and a VERY NICE LADY told me that In-Line would be there as a part of the Peachtree exhibit. Got to get some pulleys and a set of PALS from them tomorrow.

Frustrated with In-line

I spoke to Mr. Cole at the Atlanta show inquiring about a Dubby for my Bosch. First off, he acted like it's not a real saw. It isn't what I want but it's all I have room for. Second, he told me they didn't have one for the Bosch but "might" could make a "special" one. Later when I checked their website, I found a listing for Bosch. I sent an email inquiring if it was available. He responded about four weeks later that it "might" be. He would get back with me. I haven't heard any more and don't intend to pursue it with his company anymore. I don't know how they will stay in business with such customer service.

I think you can still order them from Peachtree in Atlanta.

Good folks there. http://www.ptreeusa.com/tablesaw_list.htm

I'd guess that the bulk of thier sales are from the shows and they don't do a lot of orders. That might explain why order fulfilment doesn't seem to be a high priority. When I ordered my Pal's I was told they were on back order, it took several calls and reorders to get everything I wanted but in the end it was worth it.

I bought my PALS from Woodcraft.

I've bought a few things from them on three different occasions with no problems. Bought the pals, link belt with machined pulleys & a dial indicator set to set up my table saw. Shipped fast & always responded to e-mails.....I forgot the link belt was back ordered & came when they said it would. I would use them again

I had a similar problem buying the sled and I don't think I would want to deal with them again. I had to "special order" the sled because it wasn't a stock item (whatever that means). When it came it was set up to use the wrong side of the blade. I made several frustrating phone calls and finally spoke to someone who was rude but who did manage to send the correct model.

Their products are good, but their business practices have to be the worst I've dealt with.

Well, I have read this thread through and to me it sounds obvious. Just deal with Peachtree and not the manufacturer. They seem to be a small manufacturer who have tried to keep costs down with no aspirations to get big or pretensions otherwise. They sound like "regular" people just carving out their little piece of the American dream.
    Gary

Today, at the Charlotte Woodworking show, I spoke with Jerry Cole (owner, and inventor) about the concerns expressed here and at another site. Jerry is on the road from early September through May doing the Woodworking Shows. He has staff back at home running the office/ factory. They are a family operation, and you know how it goes when family works for you. I think I can say with confidence that Jerry will do his best to solve the problems that are occurring. As a side note, I bought a Dubby from him today. I have been lusting after one for years, and finally made the plunge.