Thread: Laguna credit (give it where it's due)

Laguna credit (give it where it's due)

Hello all,
    Some of you may recall a post of mine concerning the trouble I had getting a part for my LT16HD band saw. Things worked out quite well in the end after some help from the folks here at SMC. So here we are about 4 months after receiving the saw and what do I get in the mail? A 200$+ credit for uncollected brokerage fees. I just felt it was important to let you guys know.
    AH CRAP, I should've measured twice.

Thanks for posting this. It's rare to hear someting positive about Laguna's customer service. I have a Laguna bandsaw that I've been very happy with, but I shudder when I think about having to call their customer service. Your post gives me some confidence.

Hank

I'm glad it worked out for you. As for my Laguna saw experience..... Not so much.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

The people who sell Laguan get a brokerage fee? Don't tell that to sawstop dealers. That is about as bad as getting charged tax and charged shipping even though the saw was already in stock - and I still had to drive 40 miles one way to pick it up. I would not trade my saw but that part of the deal never has sat well with me.

Brokerage fee defined

That would be brokerage fees for the shipping company bringing the saw into Canada from the States (thought i'd clear that up).

Sounds a lot like the refund check folks in the USA get from the IRS. "wow look how much they sent me".......................ugh no, they are just RETURNING YOUR money that you gave them that they earned interest on all year.

Hey, it's better than nothing. Like Hank, I am pleased with my LT18, but dread calling Calif. for a part or consumable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Sounds a lot like the refund check folks in the USA get from the IRS. "wow look how much they sent me".......................ugh no, they are just RETURNING YOUR money that you gave them that they earned interest on all year.
    The amount that you pay the IRS upfront throughout the year is completely in your control.

I also got a credit for around $100 from Laguna last week for my 14L. Laguna's retail price includes shipping to Canada, I doubt I would have bought the saw if I had to cover the shipping/brokerage fees. I figured since the price we pay is the same as anyone who didn't require international shipping that they would consider any left over to be theirs. Needless to say I am happy to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pavlov View Post
    The amount that you pay the IRS upfront throughout the year is completely in your control.
    Greg , don't know who told you that, but if it was your accountant you should fire him. Don't know how it works in KY, but here in Atlanta, I have a big say in how much I advance uncle sam. For the past 8 years I have not reicieved a refund and have sometimes owed at the end. Better to have use and control of your money during the year rather than loaning it out at 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Greg , don't know who told you that, but if it was your accountant you should fire him. Don't know how it works in KY, but here in Atlanta, I have a big say in how much I advance uncle sam. For the past 8 years I have not reicieved a refund and have sometimes owed at the end. Better to have use and control of your money during the year rather than loaning it out at 0%.
    Isnt that what he just said?

Blog Entries
    You would think with all the heat they get on CS, Laguna would get with it. When you talk to the guys at the shows, they seem like they're all over it but in reality . . . . I also don't care for the used car salesman phone calls you get after inquiring about their products.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I went over to scope out the Laguna 16HD at the St Louis show on Friday. The guy running the booth did not bother to get out of his chair or to put down his blackberry. He said, while looking at the blackberry, to let him know if I had questions. Not a CS issue but a lack of dealer salemanship at this show to say the least. It was Friday so he could not even use the last day so he is tired excuse.

Maybe I don't look like the type that would buy a Laguna bandsaw. That night Scott and I made the deal on his MM20. Bigger saw and better deal and it helps out a SMC member as well.

I just had what I consider excellent customer service by Laguna. I had lost a couple of parts off of my X31. Called them up but no one was available. Got a call the next day and they said it was not in stock but would order it for me and it would take 8 weeks. 8 weeks later I get a call that it came in. I paid for it and it was in my hands in 3 days. They did exactly what they said in the time frame they said. I am very happy. I guess I am lucky I almost get great service out of everyone that I have ever delt with.

Good Luck

Alan

Customer service etc.

I agree with both M Sabo and M. Harris, the money was mine, but they could have kept it. As far as customer service is concerned, they seem to have a lot to learn such as keeping a few parts in stock. I seem to recall many comments about customers waiting an awful long time to get parts. As an example I believe M Trout's 8 week wait (see above post) was way too long even if he was warned. What happens to the production guys? (They probably don't buy Laguna!)

Mr. Gelinas, the parts that I lost were oddball. I would not have expected them to have them in stock. They treated me with respect and did what they said they would do. I guess I forgot what good customer service was? Well I guess in my case all that is important is that I am happy.

Good Luck

Alan