Quote Originally Posted by brad kellner View Post
i have a buddy that bought the hitachi router not too long ago and he wasnt too pleased with it. he did what your talking about doing and bought it becuase it was on sale somewhere dirt cheap. and hanging out in his shop doing more drinking than working we did have a nice drunken stuper about the graghix on their tools. i never had many routers i had an old bd plunge that the hieght lock slipped gradually while using it. sold it and bought a pc690 when lowes was selling off some old stock, got it brand new in the box un opened for 40 bucks along with a pc 557 plate joiner (display modle) for 40 bucks also. i really liked the 690 but having to buy a speed box sucked. i usually keep an eye on ebay and bought an 890 and just about an hour ago bought a brand new milwaukee 5625 for 250 out the door with 5yr warrantee. i was reading up on this router and from the sounds of the features on it, it looks like it will burry the pc7518. atleast from what the features on it say. i know what made me buy it was the hieght adjustment and no need for a router lift with it either.

i would say if you really want a good router wait and buy a good router. hitachi makes weekend warrior tools in my opinion, you would be better off going with a professional brand name like porter cable, bosch, milwaukee. (dewalt is not a pro quality tool so i didnt include it) all of them are known for making pro quality tools. and it is always better to get what you really want than to have to make due with something you dont want.
Thanks Brad. Did he say what about the router made him not pleased? Did he just not like the way it functioned or did something specific happen?