Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Drawers: How should I do 'em?

I didn't catch the plan in your first post and did not realize that you are only dealing with one drawer. I will second those that said you will never regret the fact you learned to hand cut DT's and this would be an excellent way to start. And of course you can practice on scrap first as there is a knack to it.

You don't need a $125 DT saw to cut them. Years ago I cut them with a cheap $5.00 Buck Bros. back-saw. Then I used a Gent's saw for years followed by a dozuki pull saw. Then came an LN Independence DT saw I sold recently. Currently I use "old trusty" which is a cheap Irwin 19 pt. extra fine hand saw with a back rib. And before exclaiming IRWIN.. look at the picture I posted and see if you think it will hold a line. Those aren't pencil marks on the first photo.. they are already cut lines as "old trusty" is very fine toothed.. a pull saw and made in Japan just as the more expensive dozuki.

I prefer it to the LN Independence and at $19 a pop.. so hand cutting in the small quantity you have is not a bad way to learn something many will never learn over their entire WW hobby career with all the high dollar short cuts now available.

Good or bad.. I won't pass judgement. Just the way things are I suppose so give it some thought.

Sarge..
    Last edited by John Thompson; 03-11-2008 at 12:00 PM.