Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12" jointer planer jet / grizzly vs. minmax, hammer, laguna HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Shipton View Post
    I believe he means the 120mm molded plastic elbow. I didnt order one with mine, but soon did once I started using mine. The dust collection is very similar to other J/P. A straight connector out the end of the cutter head cover. The pictures in the promo all show an elbow. The elbow slips on and off without any connections.

The fence does flex a little, so I added a mag switch to mine for working larger stock. The felder versions have stiffer fences.

Brad
    yep, guess I should have explained a lil better.

I agree with the flex of the fence, and use the same fix. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Welborn View Post
    I own the A3 31. There are a few things I wish I had known prior to getting it. One, I REALLY wish I had opted for the DRO. ...
    Stan, I bought my A3-31 without the DRO, and upgraded later. The upgrade took just an allen wrench. My machine is the older model, but yours may well be upgradable too. You might should call Hammer to see.

umm...@ $4400, wouldn't these machines be a tad extreme for the not-so-professional woodworkers? they sound like fine tools, but wouldn't one have to be actually making money with it to justify the expense ?
    I'm just askin'.....
    Give an honest days work for an honest days pay

Scott has a FS30 for sale here in IL. I saw it last Friday and it looks like new and was bought last July. One of you boys really needs to snatch it up.

5. I'm totally in the market for an FS350. If he's willing to ship, have him shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Edwards View Post
    umm...@ $4400, wouldn't these machines be a tad extreme for the not-so-professional woodworkers? they sound like fine tools, but wouldn't one have to be actually making money with it to justify the expense ?
    I'm just askin'.....
    The A3-31 is about $3,000, not $4,400. As far as justifying the cost, that's a very personal thing. It all depends on what floats your boat, and what your budget is. A friend of mine who bought a $48,000 SUV, couldn't understand why I spent so much on my Felders. The total of my $20,000 Durango, plus both of my Felders are less than his SUV alone, and the Felders will last my lifetime. He will keep his car SUV for about 4 or 5 years, then will buy another expensive vehicle. Nothing wrong with spending your money on either. I bet I get more pleasure out of my Felders than he does his expensive SUV.

Todd

Placed the order this morning for the Hammer A3-31 plus goodies (extension table, "digital" dial, mobile base & extra blades). Prices are going up 10% on April 1 in case anyone else is on the fence.

I hope this thing is as good as y'all say - it cost more than my cabinet saw (almost 2X)
    Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dewey View Post
    Placed the order this morning for the Hammer A3-31 plus goodies (extension table, "digital" dial, mobile base & extra blades). Prices are going up 10% on April 1 in case anyone else is on the fence.

I hope this thing is as good as y'all say - it cost more than my cabinet saw (almost 2X)
    Steve...LOL...I just posted a thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...218#post809218 that I just ordered the A3-31 this morning as well. I'm picking mine up at the New England Wood Expo in May.

Congrats!!!

Be well,

Doc

Good news Don - If you need a fix earlier - send me a PM I'll put you to work... They are shipping mine in a week (I'll be on a ski trip next week) so I can meet the driver when I get back....
    Dewey

Was the Hammer A3-31 ever $3000??? I thought it was $3500! If it was $3000 the price just jumped to $3900 which is a 30% increase

I'd like to own one but won't be spending that kind of cash on a J/P.

Dan C

Last fall they ran a "Fall Promotional" and the price was $2995. I was about to go another direction at the time but the price changed my mind.

This is a pet peeve . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Solomon View Post
    The A3-31 is about $3,000, not $4,400. As far as justifying the cost, that's a very personal thing. It all depends on what floats your boat, and what your budget is. A friend of mine who bought a $48,000 SUV, couldn't understand why I spent so much on my Felders. The total of my $20,000 Durango, plus both of my Felders are less than his SUV alone, and the Felders will last my lifetime. He will keep his car SUV for about 4 or 5 years, then will buy another expensive vehicle. Nothing wrong with spending your money on either. I bet I get more pleasure out of my Felders than he does his expensive SUV.

Todd
    This is a pet peeve with me . . . .it never ceases to amaze me when "friends", relatives & neighbors comment on the cost of tools, toys or gadget purchases. It always seems to be the one with $40,000.00 plus SUV, the ones that just put in marble counter tops in home in a "working class" neighborhood or the idiot down the street from me raving about the great deal he just got on a $98,000.00 motor home with a 6% loan while still making payments on a $185,000.00 house. But thinks I'm crazy for spending $1,800.00 on a jointer/planer . . . . I just love it . .
    Support the "CREEK" . . .