Thread: Novice Looking for Beading Tool

Novice Looking for Beading Tool

I swear I saw a tool with interchangeable blades to make several different sizes of beads. (Sometimes I have weird dreams, but I don't think this was one of them.) Does anyone know if something like that is available? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stevener View Post
    Thanks, Bill. I did a search and found that thread before I posted. Unfortunately it leads me to beading tools of several different sizes. What I'm looking for is a single tool with interchangeable (for want of a better word) bits on the end.

have you tried robert-sorby.com They do make a multi tip tool but don't know if beading is one of them. On second thought they do have a couple of beading tip sizes for the multi tip tool. Darryl

Seems like it wouldn't be a difficult project to build one if you could get or make the blades.

You would need access to basic metal working tools, though. Maybe a local school or college has a machine shop and can help.

Although you get get a set of 4 chisels (3,6,8,10 mm) for less than $50 other than having fewer chisels around I don't know how cost effective it would be. Unless you are turning many thousand beads a lesser quality chisel would be fine in an application as such.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Go to the grizzly site. In their on-line catalog they carry a number of changable bits for the Sorby. 2 or 3 bead sizes avaliable..Bill..

Thank you all for your help. I found them somewhere in England and I assume they will be put on a boat sometime soon. I ordered them before I saw the Grizzly post. Oh, well.

Thanks again!