Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordered Today - Grizzly G0513X2

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    I ordered blades from Suffolk at their recommendation:
    1/4" x 8 tpi.
    3/8" x 4tpi.
    1/2" x 3tpi.
    3/4" x 2-3 tpi.

That is supposed to cover regular furniture curves, bandsaw boxes, and resaw.

Hi Brian - Congrats....
    I just ordered the same saw yesterday. I'm curious, why you choose to buy the blades from Suffolk? I see Grizzly carries the Timber Wolf blades. I'm still trying to figure out what blades to get...

The easiest way to pick some blades is to just called Timberwolf and tell them what you want to do. I started with 4 since they have the buy 3 get one free deal.

Joe, I am new to band-sawing and heard about the great personal help at suffolk. They were just a little cheaper than Grizzly, but not enough to make a difference. I just wanted the advice. OK, so the free blade was nice.

I could just as well asked the customer service people at Grizzly because they have always given me good advice.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Wish Grizzly would put a more usable blade on the machine from the factory - either a 1/4" or 3/4". Seems the 1/2" blade just doesn't fill much of a need for me. Just my 2 pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cole View Post
    Slow rivers often run deep....
    FYI I made a custom feather board for mine. Basically screwed one to the bottom of a plywood riser box and screwed another to the top. I use it for resawing wider stock to apply pressure to the board top n bottom, not just on the bottom. Plucked the idea from a WW mag, not sure which one...

Greg
    Nice idea, can you share a pic?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Glen, I was ready to head over to the city of Orange to get one at their Home Depot. Then I went online and saw you mean it's the color orange. Sometimes my river runs slowly.
    Stalled me out there for a minute. . . then I noticed your in SoCal too. Most folks don't relate to words like Orange or Industry as names of cities. At any rate, you'll dig the saw. Here's another doo-jobber that can help with re-saw on boards with unruly grain: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachme...7&d=1205102603
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quadarella View Post
    Hey John, I posted in another thread that I finally ordered the G0513X2 and it arrived and I'm all set. I just wanted to note that my Blade guard was already attached when it arrived, so I didn't have any setup related to that. I'm keeping your solution in mind if I ever have to remove it and reattach it though.
    I take it off all the time on my 0513 in order to set the upper thrust bearing clearance--with the blade guard installed, you can't really see or measure the space behind the blade. Haven't had a problem with the stock bolts--I remove them, slide the guard up and hold it with a spring clamp.

Couple things required a bit of tune up on my saw: the drive belt was a bit loose, causing some vibration, and the blade guide post assy wasn't perfectly square to the table, so the side clearance between the guide bearings and the blade changed when raising or lowering the guide post. There are four allen bolts on the back of the saw that hold this in position, in spite of my efforts it remains a tiny bit out of adjustment.

I love my 513, even with the aluminum wheel and steel trunion. I upgraded the bearings and it cuts like a dream with a 3/4 Woodslicer.

You are going to love that saw. I got mine about two months ago and it's my new favorite (tailed) tool. I drove up to Bellingham and picked it up in my pickup; getting it out by myself was something of an adventure, but I managed to get it down without breaking either the saw or me. My old bandsaw was a 20 year old Chinese POS that literally fell apart; the new saw will probably outlive me. I have a 1/2" TW blade installed for day to day use, and a 3/4" TW 3TPI for resawing that I haven't tried yet. I did some minor ripping with the 1/2" blade and it did a great job. The only thing I have modified on the saw was to cut about 1 1/2" off the lower end of the blade guard to improve access to the upper guide wheels easier and to improve visiblity. I also added a task light over the blade, which helps a lot.

Happened to be on a ladder beside my G0513X2 yesterday and noticed that the upper door on mine had been bent during shipping. Remembered Rob Diz mentioning this - may be a failure in the crating system. I have emailed customer service to get a replacement. Rob, did you get yours replaced?