Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fed up with Accuris Laser

Well help is on the way

Well I hope it is. They are sending a stepper motor and belt. That may fix the skipping but it still will not fix the uneven lasering. They told me it was most likely the material that was causing it to be uneven. The awards show will be in my town in a couple weeks, boy I hope Signwarehouse is there. I have a few things to tell them.

Thanks Everyone for your help on here, at least I can depend on you guys.

Thanks again
    Gene

Well... for what it's worth, I've had absolutely wonderful experiences with Sign Warehouse. I've bought a vinyl cutter, laser, dye sub printer, two heat presses and tons of vinyl and other supplies.

I've spent an easy $35,000 with them over the last several years and never felt "hustled".

I've done warranty work through them... and they were quick to ship the parts I needed.

- mike

Pinnacle ZX Explorer II
    40W, X3
    Vinyl Express Lynx 24"
    Epson 4800 Dye Sub Hybrid

Hi Gene:
    I own an accuris, and had the same problem. I found that the coiled air assist line was catching on the y-axis servo motor while rastering, and shifting the engraving. To solve the problem, I turned the hose assembly around so that the hose doesnt hit the servo. Not a problem since!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    (snip)
    We've all been in this boat. (snip)
    Um, no we haven't..... I have NEVER had any issues like this with ANY of my Epilog lasers - and I've had three different models over a period of over 4 years.

Caveat emtpor.
    Dave Fifield

XYZ Laser - 45W Epilog 36EXT, Rotary, Corel X4, Photograv

Post Accuris follow up

Gene- I was wondering if the new stepper & belt resolved the skipping issue? If not, what was the outcome with SignWarehouse? Thank you.

Cliff

Hello Helen,

No the motor/gear/belt did not resolve the issue. The laser is in route to use for warranty repair.

As soon as we have a definite resolution to his issue, I will post the outcome.
    Kevin W. Huffman II
    Pinnacle Laser

Well this is the first I have heard of this. If the laser is in route to you, someone has stolen it out of my shop. I haven't heard a word from signwarehouse since the end of May or first of June when they sent another motor and it still didn't work. I have since hired a lawyer to handle this for me. She should be in contact this week. You know its sad. I bought this thing in Oct of 2007, here it is Aug of 2008 and it is still not fixed. I had to spend another $22,000 on another laser to keep my business going. So that is around $35,000 total on laser engravers in the past year with the Accuris being used for a door stop.

So Kevin thanks for your help, but let the higher ups know to be expecting a phone call.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    ....We've all been in this boat. We can likely help stop the leaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Fifield View Post
    Um, no we haven't..... I have NEVER had any issues like this with ANY of my Epilog lasers - and I've had three different models over a period of over 4 years.

Caveat emptor.
    I have also NEVER had any issues like this with either of my ULS lasers - and I've had a 1996 model M-20 for over three years and my M-360 for nearly two years, without any problems such as this.

I agree with caveat emptor.
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Thumbs up

I have an MII that I purchased from signwarehouse back March 08. I have not had any problems with the laser. Kevin and the other techs have always been their for me through all of the learning curve issues. The sales staff has also been very helpfull. This is all new to me and I would have had a hard time without them.

Design Problem?

With so many people having the same problem, can we say this is a design problem? I don't think it is a random issue with a specific machine. Sounds like to me a redesign is needed and existing machines need to be retro-fitted.

we had the exact same problem, and signwarehouse could not fix it, i contacted the tiawanees company that actually designs the laser and did some reserch and found a 30.00 bearing on the left hand side under the mirror was jamming occasionally, causing all the problems, replaced this bering and all has been well for a few months now