Thread: Mural Tiling

Mural Tiling

When tiling a graphic for installation on a floor, do you account for grout lines in CorelDRAW? I've tried the layout both ways and am unsure which is the most popular.

Thanks,

Colleen

I believe there may be a tutorial on just this subject on the epilog website. If not found there, Youtube has some by searching CorelDraw.

If by account for the grout, you mean to have that 1/8" section where the grout should be removed, then the tutorial should walk you through it.

Good luck.
    Jim Watkins
    Aliso Viejo, CA.

EPILOG Mini 24 - 45w
    Corel X4; PhotoGrave 3.0
    Nova 1624-44 Lathe

Colleen, on the one's I've done, no. They look super, and the grout lines just fade away. As the grout lines are uniform in both the X and Y axis, there is no distortion of the image.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog Helix 45W
    Horn Lake, MS

Thank you both for your help. I wasn't sure whether the grout lines would distort the image or not. I'd like to do the countertop on our outdoor bar with 6 or 8 inch tiles and want it to look like it should.

Again, thank you,

Colleen

Colleen, I forgot to mention there is one exception to this rule... If you are doing a mural that is roughly square or a not to elongated rectangle, you'll be fine.

If however, you're doing a rectangle out of, say ten 8" X two 8" blocks, you will see distortion in the image. With ten 8" tiles, you are elongating the image by 9 grout lines .125" thick = 1.125" in the X axis, and 1 grout line that's only .125" thick in the Y axis. It'll be noticable.

If this is the type of image you're doing, then you will need to account for the grout lines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog Helix 45W
    Horn Lake, MS