Thread: Photos in threads

Photos in threads

Just wondering if someone can explain to me why I can see photos in some posts but in others I just get the little blue question mark boxes and no images? If I click on those boxes I'm told that either I'm not signed in, which I am, I don't have permission and I forget the third option.

Thanks
    Michael

And, if you sign in, the pictures suddenly appear!
    Spinning is good on a lathe, not good in a Miata.

Nope Bob - it doesn't happen. It shows at the top of the page that I am signed in. Even if I decide to resign in I still get the question mark boxes.

Michael

Is this happening to you on every forum, or just the Plans Forum. The latter you do not have access to images; only contributors do. If it's on all forums, are you accessing from work? If so, your corporate browsing rules may be disallowing any pictures loaded from a third party site. But, you might want to manually remove the SMC cookie, reboot and then re-sign-in to see if that restores "normal" access.

Jim
    SMC Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

This is happening in the Turners' forum and I'm accessing from home. It seems kind of sporadic and right now only seems to be the images posted by Steve Schlumpf.

Michael

I just looked, and Steve seems to be uploading his pics to SMC, so it's not a remote server issue. Try, as I suggested above, manually deleting the SMC cookie, rebooting and then re-signing in to see if the issue clears.

Jim
    SMC Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim:
    I tried your suggestion and still get the same result. It's strange that it only seems to be Steve's images.

Thanks for trying to help. I guess I'll just have to imagine what his hollow form looks like.

Michael

I don't know which is which, but when I, too, found that I could view some images and not others, I was told that I needed to contribute to SMC in order to view them all. After contributing, all work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Cannon View Post
    I don't know which is which, but when I, too, found that I could view some images and not others, I was told that I needed to contribute to SMC in order to view them all. After contributing, all work fine.
    Wayne,

Nope, I have the same issues and I am a Contributor, hopefully in good standing. I have never brought this up as I have some more pressing issues as of late, glad to see someone else has taken care of the issue for me, also deleting cookies (and brownies) has not solved the problem. Sorry, but I could not help that last one, the doctors office made me do it!!!!

Heather