Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend doin's?

Question Weekend doin's?

Hey, someone said its Friday!!!

It looks as if Spring has sprung here in Okieland, which unfortunately means more yard and garden work and less ww time. Looks like that is what the majority of my weekend will be spent doing. I might sneak in turning a pen or two though.

So what's happening in your world this weekend?

Have a great weekend all,
    Bob

Blog Entries
    I'm going to Springfield, MO to pickup my new G1023SL and G0500 8x75 jointer I should be able to work on setup Sat. afternoon and Sunday. But next week I must get the taxes done
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Plumbing rough in for the new upstairs master bath, luckily, only need to drop one new drain and can use most of the rough in done originally in the house (20 year old cape that never got the 2nd story finished). I figure it will take me around a day, which means it will probably be done in 3. If I learned one thing from rebuilding an old boat is that projects always take 3 times longer than expected and cost 2-10 times more.

-dan

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning
    I'm going to Springfield, MO to pickup my new G1023SL and G0500 8x75 jointer I should be able to work on setup Sat. afternoon and Sunday. But next week I must get the taxes done
    You're just teasing us Larry! we've heard this before. Pix.....
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

I'll be working on the LCD TV bench doing final sanding and getting the finish started as well as completing the burl turning I gave a sneak preview a few days ago. Saturday night is also "third Saturday" out with another couple for dinner. Any additional time will be spent with some needed shop cleaning. I may get over to Fred's to check out the final DC installation later today, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Lots to do

I have to finish the painting of the hallway to the second floor before SWMBO gets home from FL on Sunday morning. I also have to complete the recaulk of the shower enclosure door frame to give it time to cure. After that it's shop time. I have a bunch of marking knife handles to turn and put finish on. My supplier ran out of snakewood. Someone came in and bought $7000 worth in one purchase. I bought some Gabon ebony and some tulipwood and will make a few handles out of that. If time is available I will turn some awl handles. Sunday will be quality time with SWMBO after she returns and gets unpacked. I really missed her for the last week, but I managed to get house project done which couldn't be done with her around. I'm sure she is going to be surprised and pleased.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

I'll be prepping LOML sewing room for paint. Tomorrow I go to our yearly WW show with my brother-in-law. Will be looking for a belt sander.

The yard is calling. Yuk!
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Flying down to Austin, Texas tonight to attend a seminar at MiniMax this weekend. The seminar is covering combination machines and bandsaws, should be fun.

I will be finishing my last inside project before embarking on the construction of my new workshop. Specifically, I will be putting the final coat of paint on the wainscoting and trim in the laundry room and attached loo, then installing the new toilet and sink in the loo.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Wilson
    Flying down to Austin, Texas tonight to attend a seminar at MiniMax this weekend. The seminar is covering combination machines and bandsaws, should be fun.
    Stelth Gloat Steve 5 yard penalty. We want pictures.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Not much wood working this weekend, I am sort of in limbo waiting for my wife to go into labor. Doctors said any day now, so I cant really get started on something that I cant put down for a while.I will however decide on which bandsaw blades I need to get for the new Powermatic 14CS that I just finished setting up and tuning. That things cut through 4 in oak like butter. My table saw bogs down on 2 inch.
    Good tools make a difference.

So I will probably cut the weeds and blow the leaves that the live oaks are dropping. Seems that I start blowing /raking leaves in October and continue raking till April with only January as a break. I love the trees but hate the leaf raking.

A former SO in good standing is turning the big 5-0. Working with others on a surprise party for tomorrow. Taking her to the theater tonight.
    Shop time and long punch list on home remuddling projects.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Wilson
    Of course, you'll be reporting back to us, right? I've been drooling over the European saws and the combo machines this past year. Just tired of our 100 year old tablesaw technology and having to spend so much more money on safety gear, dust collection capabilities, and other features for our USA-type saws. Unfortunately, I'm on double-secret tool buying probation (I've been a bad boy) until we move next year. Then its Katy bar the door! I'm goin' European this time.

Oh, almost forgot, the Woodworking show is here in northern VA this weekend. Maybe I can sneak something small into the house!
    Dave on Lake Greenwood, SC

Yep Bob,

Spring has sprung here in Vermont as well - Only 8 Inches of snow this week!

We were down to having snow just where it was plowed into piles, what a tease!

Anyway, the F-I-L and I are going to be finishing up his Maple book-case this w/e and watching the NCAA tournament, of course -

GO PITT!
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Stelth Gloat Steve 5 yard penalty. We want pictures.
    Well, since I should be receiving a new combo unit next month I figured I might want to invest a bit of time before hand getting familliar with one and finalize the dust collection fittings I'll need so that I can get them fabricated. Besides it can't be bad having Kelly Mehler pass on his knowledge of combo machines and Mark Duginske talk about bandsaws. Besides, there's this barbeque place on 290 between Austin and Houston that I really like. It's been 13 years since I've been there but I have a friend in Houston who's sending me the details.