Thread: Should I buy a Porter Cable or Bostitch crown stapler?

Should I buy a Porter Cable or Bostitch crown stapler?

I'm in the market for an 18-gauge 1/2" to 1 1/2" narrow crown stapler. Should I buy the Porter-Cable #NS150A or the Bostitch #150K SX? It will not be used every day. Thanks for your help.

Randy

Well, I have 7 PC guns, so thats where my opinion is. Good guns, and my service center has a great bunch of guys working there. Steve

Arrow

I have a 15ga PC angled nailer and a Bostitch 18ga brad nailer and am very satisfied with both. Both have given me totally trouble free service. That being said, if my brad nailer were to die on me I would replace it with a PC brad nailer. I'm not saying that Bostitch has bad product but I think PC guns are just a little bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Figg
    I'm in the market for an 18-gauge 1/2" to 1 1/2" narrow crown stapler. Should I buy the Porter-Cable #NS150A or the Bostitch #150K SX? It will not be used every day. Thanks for your help.

Randy
    That is one of four PC nailers I have, and I would buy it again.

Ed: Actually five PC guns, but I don't use my framer on cabinets.
    Last edited by Michael Perata; 03-21-2004 at 8:39 PM.
    Michael in San Jose
    Non confundar in aeternam

I had a bad experience with Bostitch brad nailers...switched to PC's and haven't had a minute's trouble since.

My first brad gun several years ago was a bostitch. Using it occasionally for the first 4 years, I didn't even get through a box of nails and it had been in the repair shop twice, as the air tool lube ate up all the plastic parts inside. Designed for failure. On the third trip to the repair center, I replaced it with a Senco FinishPro XP25 (5/8" to 2 1/8", and oilless) and I love it. No experience with the PC.

Thanks for your help. I'll buy the PC. I already have a PC 16 ga. and Bos 18 ga. They both work great for me.
    Randy