Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Own a Table Saw? Read This

Mustard

Scott, now don't start bad mouthing that Mustard Color, it is a Great piece of equipment that a lot of us own and cherish. Butch Spears

2. It'd be pretty nifty to replace the stock laminate that Delta supplies; especially if it can accomodate the Biesemeyer fence.

Nice posting!
    Vietnam Vet With No Apologies

Has anyone seen one of these PM2000s with the cast iron extension table and that massive leg assy that is attached to it? I'm wondering what happens when one cranks the wheels down to move the saw - that looks like a terrific amount of weight that is reefing on the fence angles that hold the stock extension and legs up in the air on the standard PM2000.

Could be who Woodwerks is using to do the custom saws? I don't know, but those custom PMs are pretty in person. The paint jobs were definitely not your standard assembly line power tool paint. If you've seen a Sawstop in person, imagine a step up from that appearance wise--and the Sawstop is a very nice looking machine.

Musturd Color? What up with dat?

Gold Baby!!!
    Setting the standards Since 1921.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this. Please take it as astonishment.

For those of you who know the Latino comedian Gabriel Iglesias.

My respose is "Dammmmnnnnnn".

Well, if you really want a classic Powermatic color, you'd have to go with aquamarine. I don't know when PM switched to mustard yellow, but I've seen multiple, classic PM tools with a factory aquamarine paint job.

Personally, I think that red and silver scheme rocks! It reminds me of a '57 Chevy.

Cast iron is nice, but my next saw is gonna have granite!

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/...our+World.aspx

I have been talking to Chris for some time and his company is in the process of making a 24" extension wing for my table saw that includes a router lift. The truth is I don't use my table saw much anymore but it would see more service with a very high quality router accessory that I can use for close tolerance work. My Beis fence and the Incra Ultra fixture that hangs on the wall would both be more useful with a first class routing surface to work from.

Here are three pictures that Chris sent me of my extension wing in progress. The wing is being custom made to fit my Grizzly 1023 table saw and matched to fit the rails on my Beis fence.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks to me like Powermatic has made a saw for an Ohio State fan. The paint scheme is Scarlet and Grey and Wood Werks is in Columbus, looks like a true Buckeye Table Saw to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Boyle View Post
    ...looks like a true Buckeye Table Saw to me.
    That a Buckeye could use tools at all is amaizeing.

Jim

Keith -

I showed those pics to my PM2000, and now she's not speaking to me until I get her one! lol

But seriosly "when"?
    Last edited by Matt Ocel; 04-12-2008 at 12:08 PM.

OH NO - The Wolverines are reading this post. Twenty Five years working at Ohio State have kind of made me a Buckeye fan, but I bet that saw would look good in Maize and Blue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Boyle View Post
    ...The Wolverines are reading this post...
    We read, we use tools. Now if we could win a football game...

Jim

Let's face it, at least you showed up for your bowl game that is more than we can say -- unfortunately:-( I have the feeling with that new spread offense you will be running in Ann Arbor things are going to get very interesting in the next few years. It will probably take a couple seasons to get everything in place, but I think Michigan has a lot to look forward to...