Sorry if this has been covered before. I did a search and did not come up with anything.

I have read a lot of the threads about the various Dust Collectors out there. A lot of info about how most of the filters do not filter small enough particles, or need time to get seasoned until they could filter small enough particles.

Has anyone experimented with something like a big water bong? I don't have any experiences with them, but I saw them many times in college for other purposes.

It seems to me, having the discarge from the blower going through a pipe that has some amount of water above it, say 12" of water, then that water could capture any remaining dust that the Cyclone did not remove.

The remaning filter then should be a tall column, so that the water getting splashed around, would no get blown out into the shop. Possibly even putting some angled pieces that force the air to shift from left to right a couple times to act as a moisture separator like a boiler would have.

The main downside I see, is the static head presented by the 12" of water the air would need to blow through. I don't know what type of back pressure is normal with "seasoned" filters and how that would compare to a column of water.

Ken