Thread: Monday is kick-off day for FPP at Burleson High School!

Monday is kick-off day for FPP at Burleson High School!

Monday is the first day of a two week push for the FPP at the high school. We have 5 different student groups going together to work on this:

Student Council
    Junior Chamber Ambassadors (part of the Chamber of Commerce)
    Interact Club (offshoot of the Rotary Club)
    Air Force R.O.T.C.
    Future Farmers of America

Since our high school has almost 2200 students and the students can't leave campus for lunch, we have three separate lunch periods. on Monday, to kick off the program, I'll have my lathe in the cafeteria during all three lunches and will be making pens so the kids can see how they are made.

Each day, a separate group will be selling soldier sponsorships for $2.00 each. That will get a pen made and shipped to a soldier with an enclosed note of support from the student.

Also, each of the groups will be taking a separate Saturday to take the FPP program to the community. On a specified Saturday, the group will set up a display and table at high traffic businesses such as Wal-Mart, Blockbuster Video, and others to get sponsorships from the public.

I really expect this to be a successful way of marketing the Freedom Pens Program. Our kids are great!

Wish them luck!

Jerry

Outstanding work Jerry!
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Good luck Jerry, sounds like you have things well planned. I'm sure you will have a fun and successful couple of weeks. No Industrial Technology group helping out Dave

Excellent Work Jerry.... You have Great Connections..

That's anouther BIG feather for you cap.
    Great work and no you can't stop coming up with new ideas.
    Daniel

Thumbs up

Jerry like you said everything in Texas is big. This is a big idea and sounds like it will be as big a success. once again you are setting the bar very high. If you really think you need it Good Luck but with the staff you assemblied I don't think you will.
    Again
    GOOD LUCK