Thread: Jet 14-inch Band Saw Question

Angry Jet 14-inch Band Saw Question

I ordered a Jet 14-inch band saw from Amazon about 10 days ago and it arrived today. The saw is supposed to have a dust collection port but this one does not. I ordered part number: 708115K JWBS-14CS and this saw is 708115 JWBS-14CS. I can't call Jet for support until Monday which is a pain. Has anyone else had this problem? The Instructions and Parts Manual mentions that there is a 4-inch dust port in the machine specifications; however, that's the only place it's mentioned. I'm a little irritated at the moment.

Well...if you decide to keep it, you could always do this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My favorite cologne is BLO

I have the Jet 14 inch band saw and it doesn't have a 4" dust collection port. If you look at the right hand side just under the table you'll see it. Now my 18 inch bandsaw does come with a 4 inch port standard.

Hope this clears things up for you.

I am looking at the Amazon site. In the picture and in the text there is a dust chute:

http://www.amazon.com/708115K-JWBS-1...6146347&sr=8-1

On Jet Tools website there is a Dust Port in the description but it doesn't show in the picture. I assume that means it is a recent improvement.

I recommend you print out the description and picture from Amazon so you cn get what you were promised in photo and writing.

Brian
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Jet

Terry, If you go to the Amazon site that Brian mentioned and scroll down you will see another Jet #710115K JWBS-14DX 1 1/4 HP.(click oin it). That is the one with the 4" dust port. From the photo of yours there are two pulleys in a Box, the DX model has the 4" Port to the left of the upper pulley. The DX only has one pulley. I have the DX version and there is the 4" port in that spot. My owners manual has the photo of that, I can fax you the photo if you like (I don't have a scanner). By the way mine is about 2-3 years old
    Robert

Thanks for all of the responses. The 4-inch port is in the location described by Mr. Conner. I was looking for the dust chute shown in the all of the photos that I've seen of the saw and couldn't see the forest for the trees. I'm a happy camper now.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Terry Browne; 03-22-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Terry... its very possible that it wasnt installed at the factory. Look for a cut-out on top of the lower door, in the right upper corner. If you look at the picture I posted of my Ridgid lower door, you will see the cut-out. My saw had the same dust port, I removed it because it was in the way where my saw sits, and it wasnt very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Browne View Post
    Thanks for all of the responses. The 4-inch port is in the location described by Mr. Conner. I was looking for the dust chute shown in the all of the photos that I've seen of the saw and couldn't see the forest for the trees. I'm a happy camper now.

Cheers!
    Cool... problem solved. Have fun. A 4" port sure is better than those 2" ones on the door.

Lance...A couple of questions on your BS DC attachment. How did you cut out the hole in that metal door? And, will short bolts, lock washer and nut hold well enough? I plan to do the same operation to my Delta BS in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stroik View Post
    Lance...A couple of questions on your BS DC attachment. How did you cut out the hole in that metal door? And, will short bolts, lock washer and nut hold well enough? I plan to do the same operation to my Delta BS in the very near future.
    Paul, I simply drilled a starter hole and cut it with a metal blade in my Bosch jigsaw. It is a great upgrade. I get NO dust in the lower wheel compartment. I bolted mine in place with screws and nylon stop nuts. You could also use nuts and lock washers or rivet it.