Thread: First Gloat....after Nearly A Year.....

First Gloat....after Nearly A Year.....

I've been around here for nearly a year now...enjoying all the wonderful posts and helpful information. And the gloats!!

I finally bought my first TS after much research and debate..A Ridgid ts3660. I was going to get the grizzly w/riving knife. but my power in my garage was an issue. For $466, I felt I could not go wrong!! I used the $$ I saved and ordered one of those forrest 40T WWII off of amazon for 77$(through the creek's link, I might add). I feel like I got a good amount of woodworking prowess for my $$!!! I just finished setting it up with the new blade, and man..............it's like butta!!! For strictly a hobbiest WW, I am looking forward to all of the projects the loml has in the hopper. I have been dabbling for years in building simple things...now I can take the next step. I'm glad I have had the creek as a resource!!

thanks to all

al
    "What happens in the garage, often through no fault of it's own, stays in the garage....."

Congratulations Allan. You did well. That is a highly rated saw that will take you through a whole lot of lumber.

What kind of woodworking do you like to do (or will you do now that you can do more?)

If I remember right, that one has a dust collection port. Where does that attach?

Brian
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Photos? Pictures? A rough sketch? Checking my screen...nope, graphic card is working yet I don't see pictures yet..must be loading slowly...

no pics yet...unfamiliar with gloat etiquette!!!

I like to build furniture for my kids (6 and 4) and also build useful things for me(deer blinds, benches, wood caddies, etc) My next project to help me familiarize myself with the saw will be a mobile tool storage unit that opens up on both sides. I am just finishing an end table that goes with my daughter's captain's beds I built last summer. I can't tell you how excited I am to not have to make all these cuts with my circular saw anymore!!!!! I like to "try to" copy stuff out of catalogs my wife has to try to save myself some $$ and get enjoyment out of the process to boot. I'll post pics soon...my wife is after all a professional photographer!

Al
    "What happens in the garage, often through no fault of it's own, stays in the garage....."

dust collection is underneath the table..2 1/2 inch port. I used it today with a shop vac and it harvested about 90-95% of the dust. I'm pleased

Depending on what size DC you have you could search for one of my old posts on how I redid the bottom of a TS3650 for better DC.

I will someday upgrade but I have gotten way over my nickel's worth out of my Ridgid saw.

You will like it a lot.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Quote Originally Posted by allan cripe View Post
    dust collection is underneath the table..2 1/2 inch port. I used it today with a shop vac and it harvested about 90-95% of the dust. I'm pleased
    Allan, I've got the humble TS2400, and I've found that Ridgid has done a pretty good job with the dust collection. I don't think mine's quite 90%, but I can't complain.