Thread: Completed Entertainment Center w/pics

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Completed Entertainment Center w/pics

It's been a bit since I have been able to post any thing here, let alone read any thing. Between flying out to NYC for a preaching assignment and trying to complete this project, time has been pretty tight. I'm staring vacation tomorrow in earnest by leaving town, but I'll have a computer with me to catch up with what's been going on.

I used my first day of vacation to finish off my entertainment center thingy-ma-jiggy. The plans are from Woodsmith.

Overall, I like how this piece turned out, but getting to the "turn out" took a bit. First, the maple I got was a pain to work with for some reason. I've never had such problematic wood - ever! The tear out was enough to drive ya' crazy. Needless to say, the Performax got an unwelcome work out.

Second, the shelf holes sleeves I got from Lee Valley were poor. I should have never used them. I tried to cut a corner by not using the more expensive Rockler sleeves. Long story short, they wouldn't stay in the holes, had to be super-glued in place, and they really don't look that good. Note to self - don't cut corners.

The finish is sprayed lacquer - same as always. BTW, I figured out my fish-eye problem. Ever hear of Armor-All? Yep, spraying in a garage recently used to detail a car isn't the best idea. Another note to self.

Anyway, I have to deliver this tomorrow and then it's off for a short vacation with the family. See ya' round the Mill...

Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images