Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incra and Jointech Router Fences

Incra and Jointech Router Fences

Hi Fellas:
    Can I get some discussion comparing Incra and Jointech..
    Would be appreciated...thinking of getting one of them

I have the incra Ultra lite. - Love it! Quick and Easy to adjust...
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

Hi Art,
    I can't say anything about the Jointech, but I have an incra TS fence with the router joinery package. I really like the incremental positioning style fence & especially for the router table. Once you get used to using them, they're pretty darn good. With below & above table DC, routing is nice n clean too.
    My complaint is having my router table attached to my TS, but that's not Incra's problem per say.
    I am guessing you can't really go wrong with either, as I've not heard anything bad about either except for those who aren't into the incremental positioners.
    Greg

Hi Art,

I have one of each... They are so simular, can't complain, The adjustment jig on the Jointech is metal vs the nylon on the Incra... never had an issue with either, but the offset design for the fence on the jointech would probably steer me to purchasing the jointech again.

I upgraded from an older Incra jig to the Jointech. I've responded to similar questions a few times. Here's a couple. You can get to the entire thread to see everyones responses in the upper right. Let me know if you have any specific questions. - Jay
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost...60&postcount=3
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost...61&postcount=8
    Jay St. Peter

FWIW, the newer Incra's have a split router fence as well.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Art Travers View Post
    Hi Fellas:
    Can I get some discussion comparing Incra and Jointech..
    Would be appreciated...thinking of getting one of them
    Are you looking at the router fence or the table saw fence? With regard to the table saw setups, the Incra TSLS and the Jointech appear to be extremely similar to the point that I would make my decision on price point. I bought the TSLS and have been very happyl.

Incra Here

I have the Incra LS Super and it is great and would recommed it to anyone. I have never used the Jointech but many others on this forum have it and can give good recommedations.

If you search the forum, there are a lot of threads with info that will help you decide on which way you want to go.

Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cole View Post
    FWIW, the newer Incra's have a split router fence as well.

Greg
    I have an Incra Twin Linear router fence that I bought a number of years ago. It has a split fence with both sides independently adjustable in the front/back plane for offset cutting operations. This feature has been available on Incra fences for a long time.

I have nothing but good things to say about Woodpecker products and customer service.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

This subject has been discussed quite a bit in the past. I suggest you do an advanced search, titles only, on

incra jointech

Several threads will come up, including a thread from last year called "Incra versus Jointech".

Cary

I have the Jointech and it has always worked great for me. Router lift I added a couple years ago is also nice. I have only heard good things about the Incra. I believe the original owner of Jointech manufactured the Incra product and made his a little heavier duty when he decided to strike out on his own. Obviously, Incra owners feel very satisfied with their product as well! I know Jointech just changed owners in the last year as the original owner died.....they always treated me very well. Just go with what you like. I originally purchased the cabinetmaker's system and binder notebook and made Woody's Router Cabinet, which I also highly recommend.

Blog Entries
    INCRA Miter 1000se does 1/10th degree incraments. Best miter I ever layed my hands on. Others are more money and just don't compair. Go on www.incra.com and check out the gallery. I have a few pieces in there.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I have the largest Jointech system they make. I have used both but purchased the Jointech because I preferred it over the Incra. To me a heavier built unit. On the Incremental positioned or in Jointech lingo the Clincher I really like the center finder. When you learn to use this it is a fabulous feature. I quite often use the split fence as a edge jointer for small pieces I don't wont to run over my big jointer and it works great. Also the zero clearance inserts are nice for limiting tear out with large panel raising bits. I cut most of my dado's on my table as well and the positioner is very handy for that as well. All in all I would purchase another Jointech system.

Good Luck

Alan

Amazon just had the 17" incra on sale. I snagged one but haven't used it.

######################

This site has absolutely awesome information...Thanks to you!!!

Every one is different I guess. Being able to offset the fence faces is something that I've used so little it has zero impact on my decision making process. In fact, I find the ease of doing it with the jointech slightly annoying.
    Jay St. Peter