Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Tomorrow: Going to hang out with my grandparents. Grandpa (87) just had carpal tunnel surgery today and Mom needs help keeping an eye on them. We'll probably play a few games of cribbage.

Sunday: Haven't decided if I should start working on the Canted Wall Box to bring to my parents in law this summer when we visit Poland, or keep plugging away on the nightstands.
    Last edited by J. Z. Guest; 03-28-2008 at 2:35 PM. Reason: Removed some OT stuff, started new thread

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup View Post
    Friday March 29th, 2008

Foot is still a problem, although it is a wee bit better.
    Karl,
    Hope that foot get's to feelin' better for ya. Take it easy

Had a visit from "Santa Bob's" elf today, so it could be a fun weekend learning a new tool Aside from that, I've been teaching my 9 yr old son fly fishing and tying for the past few months, so we'll probably get out for at least a few hrs and test out some of his hand tied wooly's. It sure has been fun watching him get interested in this. His first fish on a flyrod was a small bass a few weeks ago on the San Marcos river, he lit up like a lightbulb Boy, now's the time of year I sure miss trout season and my old digs in Northern PA

Be well ya'll!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Long View Post
    No shop time this weekend...Tomorrow is opening day of trout.
    Scott,
    I guess they've changed opening day since I moved away from PA

Used to be 2nd Saturday in April. Wow, you get 2 additional weeks of early season fishing, that's nice. Call me crazy, I always liked trout fishing in the snow

Hope your weekend yields a nice catch!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Schmid View Post
    Scott,
    I guess they've changed opening day since I moved away from PA

Used to be 2nd Saturday in April. Wow, you get 2 additional weeks of early season fishing, that's nice. Call me crazy, I always liked trout fishing in the snow

Hope your weekend yields a nice catch!
    Cheers
    Well they kind of changed the rules, what they are doing now is all of the southeaster counties are starting 2 weeks earlier. The reason being is that the weather gets warm too quick for the trout. So alot of us get the chance of having two opening days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Long View Post
    Well they kind of changed the rules, what they are doing now is all of the southeaster counties are starting 2 weeks earlier. The reason being is that the weather gets warm too quick for the trout. So alot of us get the chance of having two opening days!!!
    Ahhh I see! very nice! You can hit the cold weather in the south then 2 weeks later, hit it up north. Used to be I'd have to make the tough decision to fish near home (Bradford) or make a trip to Schwenksville on the first day to fish with my BIL. Sounds like if I still lived there now, I could have my cake and eat it too!!!

Basement finishng

Spending more time working on the nieces basement finishing project
    - John

Woodworking is my ticket to sanity!

Did you know SMC is user supported? http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php Please help.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to muscle my new table saw into the basement with a friend's help. I've also got to finish taking down the old framed walls in the basement - and hauling the junk outside. Then I've got to do a few calculations to see if I can remove a steel post or two from the basement, so I've got more clear shop area. I'll probably have to add a second steel beam down there though.

This is going to be a great weekend.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Working on 81 kitchen and bath cabinet doors. Ugh

Inset some doors

Fitted the inset doors in my sideboard using brass butt hinges. Advise from Creekers really helped make it relatively painless - no bad language. Now for the drawers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am in the middle of a arts and crafts rocking chair. Thats what I will be working on. I will post pictures as it comes together!!
    Michael and Sally Pfau
    Grant Creek Woodworks
    Missoula Montana
    www.grantcreekwoodworks.com