Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My saw is BIGGER than Norm's (Now if I can use it?)

Blog Entries
    Sweet keg-a-rator. I miss my old college one. During the cold months I have to smoke my cigars in the shop, this would make a great addition to my "man room".

O yea, the saw is nice too.

It's nice having bragging rights on "mine is bigger than yours", but doesn't having a 12 inch saw limit your choice of saw blades somewhat?
    It's a biiiig mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a hurry.

Hello there,

Why do you have your sliding table installed *so* far away from the blade?

Why didn't you remove the left hand wings and cut your fence down?

You have about 2 feet where the fence from the sliding table is dragging the material across cast iron instead of being on the sliding table.

David, who has installed more than his fair share of Excalibur sliding tables.

Gotta show these pics (just the last one actually) to LOML. Trying to tell her that if I get a big enough keg it can serve as part of a geothermal heat pump system for whole house cooling...err...well that's my belief and I'm sticking to it!

Nice saw too!

Quote Originally Posted by James Suzda View Post
    It's nice having bragging rights on "mine is bigger than yours", but doesn't having a 12 inch saw limit your choice of saw blades somewhat?
    Chuck Norris makes his saw blades.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie T. Bear View Post
    OK I know I am just showing off!
    Yes yes yes.. but did you see Norm's new assistant?

I'll stick my neck out on this one

You guys can call me a prude if you want, but I think it is a crazy bad idea to have beer in a shop. Accidents can happen even when your faculties are at their sharpest.

Nice setup - the saw *and* the kegerator

Not sure I'd want to go head to head with Norm, no matter HOW nice my saw was...

Charlie,

Nice saw setup!

Now, to completely change the subject... Do you like pizza and do you ever go to Aniellos (sp?)? I'm about 30 miles south of you and we never pass through Corning without stopping for the best pizza around.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by James Suzda View Post
    No The latest edition of this saw cone with 2 arbors so I can run 10 in blades as well as 12"

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Malyszko View Post
    Sweet keg-a-rator. I miss my old college one. During the cold months I have to smoke my cigars in the shop, this would make a great addition to my "man room".

O yea, the saw is nice too.
    TOO funny Its the only place I am allowed to smoke cigars in TOO!~

Quote Originally Posted by David Eisan View Post
    Hello there,

Why do you have your sliding table installed *so* far away from the blade?

Why didn't you remove the left hand wings and cut your fence down?

You have about 2 feet where the fence from the sliding table is dragging the material across cast iron instead of being on the sliding table.

David, who has installed more than his fair share of Excalibur sliding tables.
    I moved the slider back far enough so I could cross cut plywood from the front.
    I keep it waxed enough the I feel NO drag on the cast, Besides the Moter sticks out pretty far. I didnt want to cut the fence off a 2000 dollar saw to add a slider that I paid 225 for. It works great the way it is. I dont understand why anyone would give up smooth surface to add a slider when the slider fence adgusts to the surface. I have made many crosscuts on this saw already and it works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by bob cohen View Post
    You guys can call me a prude if you want, but I think it is a crazy bad idea to have beer in a shop. Accidents can happen even when your faculties are at their sharpest.
    read the earlier post. I don't drink during work hours. I have a beer or two AFTER hours. I may wax the tools or clean up with a beer in hand but the main breaker is off by then.

I am old enough to respect tools. Can you say no to a drink when its Inappropriate? I can. The keg is in the shop because of space. Not because I drink all day. Lighten up! I have paid my dues! If I want to drink in my shop after the power is off to the tools I have that right!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Berguson View Post
    Charlie,

Nice saw setup!

Now, to completely change the subject... Do you like pizza and do you ever go to Aniellos (sp?)? I'm about 30 miles south of you and we never pass through Corning without stopping for the best pizza around.

Bryan
    Bryon Belive it or not I have never eaten ther but I will add it to my list!

When you come to town give me a yell! We will have a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie T. Bear View Post
    Bryon Belive it or not I have never eaten ther but I will add it to my list!

When you come to town give me a yell! We will have a beer!
    I find that hard to believe! The best part about their pizza is that it is always made the same. They make it great everytime.

I'll do that!

Bryan