Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My wife added lots of Mayo!

Talking

Thanks for all the comments - the wife is telling that when I go on to the woodshop in the sky, she will post here for a replacement!

All Kudos go to my Lovely Wife and her desire to be cooked for, cleaned up after, her car washed, waxed and polished, the house vacuumed, the dishes washed, the laundry... Oh wait she does not let me do laundry anymore!!!

I gotta tell you, after we got home and she made sure I did not hurt myself getting it out of the car and assembled, she said it was worth it to see me running around giggling. And the garage got cleaned up too!

As for the comments:

Yes, that is now my "Lucky going to the wood store shirt"

If the Oneway is called Mayo, I think I'll call the Jet...Vanilla Creme!! It is just soooooo sweet!!! Nothing against the Oneway, guys, I am just really happy with this one.

The variable speed starts at an indicated 50rpm in low range. It is so smooth campared to the Craftsman. Absolutely nothing against the tube lathe. I made the LOML some pretty stuff with the "tuber" and even did a couple of bowls for friends, some ceiling fan pulls, a bunch of laminated pencil holders, some candle holders... Quite alot, now that I think about it.

Will I miss it? Maybe a little, like I still miss my first car, but this is like getting a new Convertable Toyota Solara after tooling around in a '77 Ford Fiesta...

Now to order up new adapters for my Teknatool chucks...
    Last edited by Troy Donson; 03-30-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Hoyt would say "Nah....just Green with envy".....
    Oh, dear! Another comedian!

Congrats on the new lathe! Can't wait to see what comes of the mayo-lite machine!

Great looking Jet there Troy. I'm sure you'll get years of turning out of it.
    Now, I have to ask the real question we all want to know. Does she have any sisters at home like her?
    Congratulations.

Steve

Blog Entries
    WOW Congradulations Troy. It's been 10 years since the LOML did something like that. Make sure we get pics of your first piece.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Way to go Troy!! Mayo-lite/Vanilla Creme... What's the diff? They're both sweet!
    I want to congratulate you on something else, now. Man, you have really got some good taste... in women!!!!!
    Have fun, and be safe!!
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

One happy guy!

sounds like you had a very good DAY!

Have fun and don't forget to kiss your wife..

Rev. Paul

Gonna Love It !

That'll do nicely Troy. Make sure she gets the first thing off the new lathe.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

8. Look out, man. The bill is coming and it's going to be big! (But it's worth it.) Congrats.

Congrats on your new lathe and to the LOYL! Is it Christmas in March or is the LOYL Santa?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Orr View Post
    That'll do nicely Troy. Make sure she gets the first thing off the new lathe.
    Not to worry, Don, she has a stack of blanks on the shelf above the new Jet with notes on each one descibing what they are to look like!!

Oh and she wants new shelves to put them on...

But little does she know, I will be giggling the whole time...

She is SOOOO worth it!!!

Troy

Hey Troy,

I knew you had an exceptional wife even before you got to the lathe part. The fact that she would go with you to the store and encourage you already places her in the upper pantheon of spouses. I don't envy anyone about anything, but I certainly came close to it in reading your post. Your good humor and appreciation already mark you both as exceptional. Lots of luck in everything else (you've already hit one jackpot).
    Hilel.
    No one has the right to demand aid, but everyone has a moral obligation to provide it-William Godwin

Contrats, Troy, you are going to love it. I've had my 1642 for about 3 weeks now. Looking forward to some work being posted.
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Cool!!!!! My dad used to have one of those, it was a good lathe.
    Have wood, will turn!!

Steven have you had any trouble finding spindle adapters?

I have a Nova G-3 and it tokk me 3 days of calling, searching and then finally getting a insert on it's way without being notified "it's on backorder"...

I am looking at getting a Titan before they run out of stock for my larger stuff, now that I found the inserts...

What are you using?

Troy

Mayo

Troy,

Would you like to trade wives for a little while? When I suggest the need for a new tools once in a while, My wife complains that I "should spend more time cleaning and tendiong to her, and stop wasting my time with that stupid wood". I make her beautiful pens, bowls, vahses, and I get a comment " what do you want a medal or a chest to put it on". She has many very good qualities, but she does not understand my passion for turning and carving. She comes from a family that has no hobbies of any kind. Her parents spend every spare minute in front of the TV set. My wifes hobby is watching the Big Brother house 24 hours a day on the internet. I keep telling her I can't help it. I have this urge to create something. Oh well, I know thers a nice American Beauty waiting for me in heaven!!

Dan Heine