Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PeachTree Woodworking Store

PeachTree Woodworking Store

Anyone bought from Peachtree lately? I cannot believe how slow this company is in fulfilling orders. I bought/ordered band saw blades from this store on March 17, 2008. Still no blades as of today. I will never again buy anything from Peachtree. Sorry for my rant. Godspeed.

They had a free shipping sale earlier this month, or perhaps late February. I bought a couple BS blades and received them in about a week. No complaints.

Ordered a 36" miter track on 3/17. They didn't ship until 3/24 (It was in-stock, they blamed Good Friday for the delay). They also sent the wrong part. It's going to take 14 days and an extra return shipping charge to get what I ordered...

Bought about 1k woth of stuff from them at the show and will never buy from them again. They have horendous customer service.

I got a defective grr gripper, they will not warntee they told me to contact grr gripper they are warnteeing it but it had taken 6 weeks so far. But will also not let me return it and buy a new one. It was unused.

They sold me the wrong kerf table saw inserts, when I sent them back for return they just sent me another set the right kerf. I wanted to return them! Then I called them and they told me since they where bought in a set of things 2 grippers / dvd , a whole bunch of things they would not credit me anything back because they are considering them a freebe. But they sell them for like $30 and buying everything in the set saved me like $20. So at the least I should get $10 back but it should probably be like a percentage AND BESIDES THE GRR GRIPPER WAS BROKEN I WOULD OF RETURNED EVERYTHING BUT THEY WOULDN'T LET ME.

I can go on and on basically I have spent more time on the phone and postage than is worth it and there show deal on the stuff had almost no savings compaied to my local shop. In fact I have now spent morethen if I bought it local.
    -=Jason=-

Angry peachtree extension table plans

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O2KNHY
    I bought this set of plans for an extension I just wanted something farly
    easy and fast. Turns out these plans don't work on a 10 inch Delta
    contractor saw. The knobs for the right hand side interfer with the
    brace for the right side table extension. The left side brace prevents
    my saw from adjusting beyond about 30%. Perhaps this is only a problem
    because I am using a right hand tilt but they should have specified that then. The plans want you to use a 1.5 inch plywood top. I guess because the
    supports are almost 2 inches below the table as designed. Basically I tossed
    out the entire mess including the plans and just designed and built my
    own. It was a waste of a good 50 bucks in my view.
    Last edited by Wayne Willcox; 03-31-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: add a amazon line

Peachtree Customer Service

I have no connection to this company or any other retailer. I have read many similar threads regarding concerns with customer service. I'm sure that individual concerns are valid, but do not rise to a level of a problem, until contact is made with the retailer and communications fail to bring about corrective actions. Lets give one another the benefit of the doubt and try effective communication before posting a negative message.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Patch View Post
    I have no connection to this company or any other retailer. I have read many similar threads regarding concerns with customer service. I'm sure that individual concerns are valid, but do not rise to a level of a problem, until contact is made with the retailer and communications fail to bring about corrective actions. Lets give one another the benefit of the doubt and try effective communication before posting a negative message.
    Thanks Brad, and I see your point. I also believe that effective communication should be attempted too. But, after all that, if it's part of a trend, shouldn't we communicate that? I'm afraid my comments go to the negative also. I tried effective communication and was lied to. My items were back ordered, but I didn't know this until I called a week later to inquire about my order. This was a Friday and I was told their shipment was arriving Monday and they would "definitely" be shipped out Tuesday. I called Monday and was told the items were in stock and would be shipped Tuesday. Well, they weren't shipped until Thursday afternoon, with the late afternoon shipment. Count me among the dissatisfied.

I have ordered from them since. I placed an order with them and Lee Valley at the same time. My Lee Valley shipment (from Canada) was here in N. Fla. in two days. The shipment from Peachtree (Atlanta, Ga.) took 6 days.
    - Jim

they were slow

My only experience with them was that they were very slow and will avoid giving them my business in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Patch View Post
    Brad,
    My experience attempting to resolve issues such as shipping times is that they simply ignore or do not reply until they are going to ship.

no complaints here

I bought 3 things from them and I can't complain. They shipped with in a week and everything was as described. I would buy from them again, but I'm not on that much of a time restriction either.

In my thread I have called them 4 times and sent back items with typed letters what to do twice trying to get the order correct they screwed up and interpuate it in there own way sending me back stuff I want a refund on.

My first order came ok and no problems it is only when you need to return things or warntee things they don't stand behind there items.

Oh I bought one of there delux drill press tables also at the show and it was missing some parts and they told me to bad. Nice ha.
    -=Jason=-

I just purchased their supreme router table fence, along with a few dust collection items. I guess I am not surprised to see this thread. I buy most of my woodworking tools online. The supreme fence comes with two 10" t-tracks that mount on your table to adjust the fence. A friend of mine ordered the fence and they did not send the 2 t-tracks. When I ordered mine I mentioned this and asked that they be sure to include them. Well sure enough they were not in the shipment. I also ordered. A Heavy duty 48" t-track and they forgot the hold knob/bolts that were supposed to be included. It took nearly a week to even process my order and ship it out. Then it took well over a week to get it. I think the company is reliable but their speed of service is poor. I would probably score them a 2 out of 5. If someone else had the same product I would go elsewhere.

deck
    Last edited by Deck Reagan; 04-01-2008 at 4:44 PM.

13. I won't buy from them.
    My first ( and last ) contact with them was my inquiry into their DT jig. I wanted to know if it'd do through DTs. the cust' serv' lady on thephone got all snotty with me and proceeded to lecture me on how good furniture was made.

I told her to bugger off and went elsewhere.

Peachtree Customer Service

You guys have convinced me that your experience with Peachtree Woodworking has been less that satisfactory. Any company that offers good customer service will distinguish itself in a very positive way. As we know there are several woodworking related retailers, often written about, that offer outstanding customer service, they will succeed and thrive and the others will fall by the wayside.

My original admonition does still stand. People can and do make mistakes, its how we correct them that makes all the difference. We all need to give people a chance to make thing right before we go online. If they cannot or will not do the right thing, then lets all read about here!

I too have a beef with them They represent the In-line Industries products at the Woodworking Shows. Jerry Cole does a great job demonstrating the Dubby, that he invented. So good that I bought one. Peachtree also had a prime corner to demonstrating the PALS. But they only brought SIX SETS of PALS to show that would fit a Delta Contractor's saw. Sold them before noon on Friday. The show didn't open till eleven AM. So I looked at how they were made, and came home and made my own. Sorry about the loss of business for Jerry though.