Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodworking at Home Magazine

Last day for the Sawmill Creek discount

Greetings all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that the sawmill creek discount will be expiring at the end of this month. So if you are thinking about subscribing to Woodworking at Home Magazine, you might as well do it now with the sawmill creek discount.

Please see the thread above on how to get the discount.

I would also like to say "THANKS" to all of the members here that have already subscribed.

Chris DeHut
    Last edited by Chris DeHut; 03-31-2004 at 8:13 AM.

Do subscribers normally receive an email confirmation on the order? I think I ordered on Wednesday or Thursday, but did not receive any confirmation...

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

QUOTE]

I'm not seeing it Chris! One more time for the slow to decide, (think, move, react.........)
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

We are so fast.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Taylor
    Do subscribers normally receive an email confirmation on the order? I think I ordered on Wednesday or Thursday, but did not receive any confirmation...
    We are so fast with shipping and processing, usually the orders get to the customer before the email!

Just kidding Jim, No, we do not send out confirming emails. However, your order was processed and mailed on Thursday so it should be there today.

Chris

Tyler - Here is the information

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell

QUOTE]

I'm not seeing it Chris! One more time for the slow to decide, (think, move, react.........)

Here is the response I received from Chris concerning discounts for SMC members. Honestly I believe that DVD magazines are the way of the future. Considering the needs of most woodworkers having the drawings and integrated video for projects is definitely the way to go.

Thanks for posting the "Free stuff" drawing for us. I saw the thread today and noticed the desire by your participants for the discount offer.
    Our normal subscription price for a 1 year subscription is $33.95 which is a savings of 46% from our single issue prices ordered from our website ($6.95 each + $2.00 S&H).

I will make two offers for your members:

Offer #1
    1 year subscription for $29.50 which is a savings of $4.45
    This subscription would start with issue #8 which is expected to mail in
    about 3 weeks.

Offer #2
    1 year subscription for $29.50 which is a savings of $4.45
    First 7 back issues for $41.65 which is a savings of $21.00

Our on-line shopping system is not setup for "Discount codes" so this
    process will seem a little strange for your members. They can place their
    orders on our web site by selecting a 1 year subscription. If they are going for offer #2, they will need to select each of the 7 back issues one-by-one. The prices shown will be for the full prices. Near the last step of check-out, there is a field where you can input your customer ID number. In this box, have them enter the following codes...

Offer #1 enter --> 998741
    Offer #2 enter --> 998742

This code, will be a flag for us to work out the discounts when we process the orders. The discounted price will not be shown on the shopping system. We don't process payment automatically, so for us this will be handled off-line.

Thanks again!

Chris DeHut
    SoftWerks International Inc.
    http://www.woodworkingathome.com

Most excellent. Thank you Chris, looking forward to all the those DVDs!

-Jim

I think I did it wrong...I never saw a way to enter the validation code...so i was billed the full 91 dollars. What do I need to do to fet it corrected?

Chris,

I just have to tell you that I've been a subscriber since issue no. 1 and love your magazine. I think it is a terrific implementation of technology. Seeing projects made right in front of you really helps a beginner like me. I get so much more out of seeing how things are done compared to reading how they are done.

I have to believe that DVD magazines are the wave of the future. I can see so many other areas where the idea would work just as well as i woodworking.

Please keep them coming.

Jack

Thanks Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hogoboom
    Chris,

I just have to tell you that I've been a subscriber since issue no. 1 and love your magazine. I think it is a terrific implementation of technology. Seeing projects made right in front of you really helps a beginner like me. I get so much more out of seeing how things are done compared to reading how they are done.

I have to believe that DVD magazines are the wave of the future. I can see so many other areas where the idea would work just as well as i woodworking.

Please keep them coming.

Jack

Before expanding into other markets, we are focusing all of our efforts into making Woodworking at Home Magazine a big hit. Once WaHM is self supportive, then we plan to expand our magazine concept into other markets. It has been very exciting so far and we are really looking forward to expanding on the overall concept.

Chris

Chris Padilla

Hi Chris,

Your subscription will start with issue #8 so everything works out fine for the discount.

Thanks for the order!

Chris

Excellent!

Thanks!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Chris,

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    Excellent!

Thanks!
    We aim to please!

Today is the last day for the dicount!

Today is the end of the month. So if you are thinking of subscribing to Woodworking at Home Magazine, save yourself a few dollars and subscribe today.

Chris

Recieved my back 8 issues in the mail last night. I think this is the COOLEST thing ever. I can sit here at my iMac and watch them while surfing the SMC forum.

Thanks!!!!!

I recieved mine in the mail last night! I watched a few parts of the first one...looks good.

The sawmill 'article' was a little short as I think I was expecting more but I still enjoyed it tremendously. Dual 24" (??) sawblades are certainly an intimidating sight! Those poor trees....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.