Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Recommendations for a 25" plus Drum Sander

Any Recommendations for a 25" plus Drum Sander

I started setting up my shop about 18 months ago and still need one more item, a drum sander.
    I'm at the end of my budget and not quite sure what to purchase.
    I would appreciate comments from those who actually own what ever, pro's, cons, etc.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Johnny Fischer; 04-09-2008 at 6:32 PM. Reason: Word correction

I have a 25" Nortstate drum sander marketed by Leneave machinary of Charlotte NC made by Mao Shan,THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST MACHINE I HAVE EVER PURCHASED. Service has been non exitant from Leneave. I can not fet the clips to hold the paper on the drums,I made several calls to Leneave early on and asked them to get me new clips for the drums,this was three years or more ago and I have simply given up on them,granted I am not a big industrial customer but I had previously purchased my unisaw,delta 14' bandsaw, and a two stage dust collector from them assuming dealing with a small dealer would provide some level of service,not so I would of been better off dealing with Amazon.FYI the same machine is also marketed by Woodworkers Supply under the Woodtek label,my experience with them has always been excellent.

Interested in a used one? The best thing to do is start watching your local craigslist and look for tool auctions. Many are big and get sold for fractions of new. I gave $900 for a like new Grizzly G1066Z double drum. They are $1800 new.

I have a performax 22-44 Pro, fine machine, does what I expect, worth a look.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Woodmaster makes a great 26" heavy duty sander, model 2675.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Woodmaster makes a great 26" heavy duty sander, model 2675.
    Bruce

I just bought a used Woodmaster 2675 in an estate sale (lot sale of all tools and wood). Looks like the drive motor has been disconnected. I still have to pick it up tommorrow, then I'll get a better look at it.

Have you had any trouble with yours, or needed to replace anything?

Craig

My General is a great tool! 24" in width
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Drum Sander

Hi John,

I have owned a woodmaster 36" drum sander for three years. No problems and the this tool has saved me hours of hand sanding. The speed as well as the hight is very easy to adjust. Great for face frames, shelves, cabinet sides, etc.It is american made in the midwest. Look it up on the web, call them and they will send you a cd or tape to highlight this tool.

Louis

Blog Entries
    I use a Performax 22-44 (JET) The thing I really like is that the feed table is stationary, the belt has its own motor and the drum moves up and down. This allows you to use an outfeed table that can a fixed height and the feed has a clutch feature that will save on belts.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

What are you using it for, hobby, or pro use? What's your budget? Are you open to used, or prefer new? There's an awful lot of machinery out there if you narrow it down a bit it will be much easier to help you out.
    JeffD

I own a Woodmaster 2675, the machine is well built (although it looks like it was made in someone's garage) and really seem to work well. I use the machine to final surface shop sawn veneer and once in a while I use it to sand pieces in mass.

I have owned a Woodmaster 38" for at least 10 years. Completely satisfied, zero issues, runs great. Highly recommend any Woodmaster drum sander.

I own a woodmaster 26" and it works fine and while I have not had a chance to work with it much it seems to do a nice job.

I have been remodeling homes for 25 + yrs and occassionally build custom whatever for customers. Eventually I plan on this shop to help out financially during retirement. Which will still be in 10yrs or sooner if its up to me.
    I'm all for saving money as long as the item hasnt been abused.

I have a Performax 25X2 machine that works pretty good. No major problems, but new thay are WAY over priced. They are made in the USA. I just helped a friend pick up a General 15-250 double drum unit and I thought it looked really well built. It would be very high on my list of machines to check out if I were in the marker now. Much smoother running than my Performax.

http://www.general.ca/pagemach/machines/15250a.html

CPeter