Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you had $700

I would say the Rigid if you are going with a contractors saw. I have the 3650 and it is a dream. Cast iron top and wings, nice long rails, the fence is great, and comes with a built in roller base that works great. It is a really nice feature since the saw is around 300 lbs. You should be able to walk out of HD with that saw for under $600 easy.

Blog Entries
    I got a Powermatic 64A with a 52" fence and the table for 649.00. I do wish it had a cast wing on it though.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

If you are close to St. Louis Mo. There is a fairly new unisaw posted on Craigs list, St. Louis. for 600.00 dollars. Judging by the pic. it's probably worth it. Take a look. Best of luck.

I'd be on the Rigid bandwagon as well.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

If one has any mechanical ability at all and likes the idea of "I did it my way," a used saw is the ultimate leverage of hard-earned capital. All of the fifteen or so table saws I have owned have been used and I've never paid more than 1/3 of the retail price and usually much less, never mind sales tax or shipping. They are out there if you are diligent and patient. Check craigslist first and last thing every day, the local daily and weekly classifieds, put wanted posters on local supermarket bulletin boards. I worked my way up from an old 8" Craftsman to a Unisaw, usually selling the last one for enough to buy the next one.

Most of them if found were bargains because they had been neglected or missing parts or both. Its only fun if you enjoy a challenge and bringing back a near-dead piece of old arn. There are complete, ready-to-run saws for sale, often at a bargain also, but there is a lot more competition for these.

thnx, jack vines

My vote is for the Grizzly.