Thread: Woodtek Jointer

Woodtek Jointer

I just bought a 6" Woodtek jointer through Craig's list. It was made in 1989.
    Does anyone have an owners manual or any info on this tool? I know it's a long shot, but worth a try

Have you tried http://woodworker.com/? It's their brand. I've found them to be very helpful in these situations.

Jim

just fyi.....I used to be a fan of sorts of woodtek ,however what i have found recently is this...most of the products are made in china or taiwan, and most come out of the same factory...the difference is the "SPECS' by which each brand sets for their products... i just got rid of a woodtek jointer ,but before i did i did alot of research ,to see what i wanted as i wanted a helical head...(i use alot of figured woods)...what i found was that their are alot of knockoffs and alot are not true helicals....further research showed that alot of the "green " machines are the lesser units...in so much as tolerences go...stands to reason that you cannot make thousands of a product and have everything come out the same...now i do understand pricing....and i will say that the woodtek i had for several years did ok...but for my needs it was tough to keep adjusted ,but at the time it was all i could afford....i replaced it just recently with a "LOOK ALIKE' except it was a different color...with a helical head and im happy as can be,and found while it looked the same in design it wasnt...to sum this, up in conversations with some of the upper crust of the green folks.. what i was told was that they had built into the pricing a pretty large percentage of return factor... the "other guys said they had agreement with manufactures that if a unit was returned ..the manufacture bought it...so you can see the difference....when i got my jointer in the case was a spec sheet where all the tolerences had been checked,flatness ,runout,bed alignment and so forth...and they were in the tenth and hundreds of thousands...when i set it up i had no issues and everything came dead into alignment..and by habit i keep checking it and havent had to change anything..that wasnt my personal experience with the woodtek....more than you wanted to know but just my 2 cents