Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

14 April 2008

Good Morning,

I hope each of you have had a great weekend and a good start to your week.

Part of the family garden is now planted and growing well and as the weather gets warmer, we'll continue moving forward with planting the rest of the garden towards the end of this month.

No woodworking this weekend either, just worked for the day job and spent the rest of the time tending to our kids and working on trying to get things organized for spring cleaning around the house.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Worked.

That is all.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Got three offers on my house that just went on the market.
    Realtor is coming bye this morning to talk.
    Be safe.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

The door frame and new door are now painted, and the hinges actually match and close smoothly. Woo Hoo!

Turned over the fir shiplap, so that it keeps drying, painted (sealed) the OSB.

Went down to Island Woodcraft and took a look at a General International midi lathe (very nice).

Shawn
    No matter where you go, there you are. B. Banzai

Finished construction of a Shaker wall shelf. I'll post pix when the finishing's done.

Saturday ran some errands, including picking up a Ridgid MS-UV while I could still get one. Sunday changed LOML's oil, went to visit my brother, then came home and worked on the bookshelf--got the face frame all ready to glue on and got the top panel glued up. Should be able to finish it up this week.

It's my weekend now! Just woke up and looking to keep working on the shop remodel. Got he one dividing wall removed and a lam beam in place last weekend. This weekend will continue to remove wall covering, old insulation and wiring. Fun Fun Fun.

Finished the casework on the current kitchen I'm building(about 37') and got the door (25) rail/stiles all cut, I hope to assemble these this week and get the drawer/pull out shelves (27) built this coming weekend.

Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!!!
    David

Blog Entries
    Well, I continue to hold up my reputation as the slowest woodworker on the planet. I worked both Saturday and Sunday afternoon on my workbench. I managed to plane to width 3 boards, cut them to length and drill 11 dog holes in one of those boards. How's that for efficiency? But I had fun!!!! and didn't screw it up. (yet, anyway!)
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Cleaned basement for wife. Dropped a Mason jar and cleaned some more and then alot more when we found more glass. Shoulda stayed in bed!
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Started on new Pergola.
    Got the 6x6x12' posts, dug the holes (32" deep), and set the 4 outside posts in the holes on Saturday (man those posts are heavy!). Sunday afternoon, I plumbed and braced the posts, mixed and poured the concrete (16 – 80 pound bags). The design part is really the challenge... It needs to be a trapezoid. I was trying to avoid the 5th post (East, or left) sitting on the patio slab, but I don't think I can. Let's see if my rough sketch shows up...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Attached the extension table to my TS, and then spent some quality time cleaning and vacuuming. ugh.

yesterday, though, it was just too hard to pass up on the semi-decent weather (at least the rain held off!), and I spent the day pruning shrubs and raking/cleaning out the flowerbeds.

Finished sanding the TV stand/cabinet and added the first coat of Watco Dainish natural...then watched it dry.

Pretty laid back weekend, burned some music CD's and movie DVD's while channel surfing the TV

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Finished an end grain cutting board made of maple and walnut for a wedding gift. Not a big deal for most but so far I am 2 for 4 in making cutting boards. I learned plenty from the first three attempts and going forward I should be a lot more successful.

I will try and post pics later tonight.

Well, I continue to hold up my reputation as the slowest woodworker on the planet. I worked both Saturday and Sunday afternoon on my workbench. I managed to plane to width 3 boards, cut them to length and drill 11 dog holes in one of those boards. How's that for efficiency? But I had fun!!!! and didn't screw it up. (yet, anyway!)
    I dont know Larry, I might be able to give you a run for your money

Finished the leg stands for the adjustable height outdoor table I am building. Only 1 snafu when I picked up the 2, 32" boards instead of the 34" ones. It only cost me 2.00 to remedy, so I am not too disappointed.