Hello. I've been a forum lurker for a while, and thought I'd finally post. I apologize in advance if someone has already posted this, or if there are any rules against openly discussing prices. I poked around and didn't see any evidence of either, so I'm guessing it's ok.

I've been interested in rounding out my tool arsenal, and my last three missing pieces were a jointer, a planer and a drill press. I was going back and forth on the jointer, and then one day I was looking at Woodcraft's site and saw the 6" Jet was 10% off, and they were throwing in a free set of replacement knives, so I jumped on that. One down.

As for the other two, I'd been thinking about Ryobi versions of both, since I could get their planer and 12" drill press for under $400 total, which seemed like a pretty good deal. Then I was on this forum and read a lot of good things about the Ridgid 4330, so I started looking at that as well.

Finally I decided to get them, and searched in vain online for something like a 10% coupon, to no avail. Ultimately I decided paying full price wouldn't kill me, so I headed down to the store.

I would have shelled out the money if it weren't for a helpful clerk, who told me about a couple deals. First, that I could save 10% off my order by opening a HD credit card. I'd actually done this last summer to get a utility trailer and figured I couldn't do it again, but apparently that was a contractor card, and this was a consumer credit card, and it was ok to have both.

Then he pulled out a coupon for the Home Depot Ultimate Power Tool Deal. The price of the Ridgid planer and Ryobi drill press brought the purchase over $500, so that netted me another $100 off, after getting 10% off to begin with.

The icing on the cake was when I was wandering down the aisles and found myself next to the ladders. I'd read about this fantastic deal a couple of months ago on clearance ladders that were being replaced by a new line, and I'd actually already checked this store, but had only looked at 28 footers, not 32'. To my joy, there was one of the old 32' hidden behind a stack of newer models.

$339 32' fiberglass extension ladder: $32

What a way to round out the day. I ended up walking out of the store with my new ladder, the planer, the drill press and some replacement planer knives all for less that $450.

So if you've been eyeing up any tools at Home Depot, get them before this deal is over, and check to see if you can get the credit card, too.