Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deals at Home Depot

Congratulations on the LADDER deal great haggling and shopping,

even if you had to live with a Ryobi

Maybe this is why the ladder was so cheap http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08197.html
    The Borg guy told me he cut up a bunch last week or so because of a recall. I see the ladder the poster bought is on that recall.

I went to my Home Depot, and those ladders are in fact, being recalled. There is a sign on them that says that they can't be sold, because they are being recalled. My question is, why (and how) did Home Depot sell one, since they must have known that they were being recalled? They certainly wouldn't have put them on clearance for any other reason.
    Louis

Ladder Questions

Ok, here's what I know. The ladders aren't being clearanced because they're being recalled, they're being clearanced because there's a newer model out.

The ladder I got (older version), is an L-3022-32, manufactured in 7/06.

The newer version is the L-3022-32PT (Pro-Top). If you look again at the recall notice, you'll see that in fact it's the newer models manufactured from 9/07-10/07 that are being recalled. Even if you had a newer model, the company will send you instructions on how to inspect it, and send a repair kit, if necessary. (And if that didn't work, I assume they'd somehow get you a new ladder.)

So as best I can tell, there's nothing wrong with my ladder. For those interested in the original site where I found the deal, I opted not to post a link since I though that was against this forum's policy. (The link would be to another forum.) I can tell you that if you were to Google 28' fiberglass extension ladder $29 you should be able to find it pretty readily.

For anyone who actually managed to track down one of the older clearance models, here are the receipts:

http://www.woodenbadger.com/ebay/ladderReceipt.pdf

On a different note, I managed to injure myself within 2 minutes of opening the box to my new jointer. The bed assembly was wrapped in one of those slightly stretchy plastic sheets; the kind you can poke a finger through and then rip a larger hole. I was too lazy to go and get a knife, so I jammed a finger through the taut plastic. It broke through with great force, directly into the razor sharp jointer blade on the other side.

It oozed for about half an hour before my wife the ER doc told me I should go get stitches. The doc I saw tried superglue, but the blood kept oozing through he gave up and put in sutures. Luckily the whole experience was pretty easy, since I got to sneak in the back, get stitched up and leave without having to sit in the waiting room or fill out paperwork. I did have to put up with a lot of eye rolling from my wife, though.