Thread: Just Got a Ridgid Planer

Just Got a Ridgid Planer

I was over at HD a few weekends ago and looking at the 13" Ridgid Planer Model #TP1300LS for $369, yesterday I noticed they had it for $309 "for a limited time only"..... I snatched it up. No pictures yet, it's still in the box. I have no room to set it up with the add on going on to the shop. I'll get pics later.... but I had to tell someone..
    Ted
    "And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

I was looking at that just today...just found out about the "ultimate sale" thing. Congrats and I may have to follow in your footsteps soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Byars View Post
    I was looking at that just today...just found out about the "ultimate sale" thing. Congrats and I may have to follow in your footsteps soon
    I was in there today and they were out of stock. Does anybody know how long that sale is going on?

Blog Entries
    I've had one now for around a year or so. It has done everything I've asked of it. A few weeks ago (dummy me) ran a board through before checking for nails... ugh! So tomorrow, since I need to use it, I'm going to flip the blades over.
    Have a Nice Day!

Bob, I don't know HD's practices but you could possibly get a rain check for the planer.
    And now for something completely different....

Ted,
    It's a very serviceable little lunch box at a good price. I've had one for a good while now, like 2 years and it's been good. It will bog down taking very light passes on wider -harder sticks.... but for what it is, thats to be expected.
    Blade changes-set ups are a breeze, blades last a good while & the finish out of the machine is good. Cutter head lock is a nice feature too. Not much else to say.
    When I get around to upgrading, my 1300 won't be going anywhere if that means anything.

Greg

I checked the HD's website and I think this special is good until 4/30/2008. It mentions something about qualified tools but not give anything specific on what tools do qualify. The price break is determined by the total amount of the purchase of items that do qualify for the special. So the more you get that are good for the special the more you save.
    Dave
    aka The Putz