Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherry and Cocobolo Dining Table

Beautiful work Dave!! I can see using this combination of species for some of my projects down the road.

Thanks. Tim

Excellent design and great choice of wood. I love cocobolo.. I just can't afford to purchase it for my own use.

Well done...

Sarge..

3. Dave,
    If you're still watching this thread, I love your table. It looks like an interesting modification of the Moser Edo table but with your own concept of the uprights and, of course, an expertly done contrast between the woods. Did you work up your own drawings or start from a Moser sketch? I'd love to make something similiar.
    Thanks.
    Michael

PS What did you decide about the chairs?

I love this table! Fabulous cherry, great design, beautifully executed. As for the chairs, I did a set last summer using Domino. But I didn't use standard tenons. I made wider ones and created wider mortices by cutting at two points, to get more strength.

Cheers
    Hans
    "There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in"

Wow guys - didn't realize that this thread has resurrected itself. It's really been 3 years, huh? I work and play golf much more than I make furniture these days......

Michael, if I remember correctly, I posted some pic's of the chairs which have been extremely comfortable in entertaining use. Hans, thank you for your kind words - I both like and respect your work. All the best, Dave.

Found the link to the chairs, Michael......http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ng-Room-Chairs
    Last edited by Dave Avery; 06-08-2011 at 9:50 PM. Reason: Additional Information

superlatives do not suffice !!
    MARK