Thread: Kelton and Hosaluk

Kelton and Hosaluk

Hello,

I am looking to purchase some tool handles. I have narrowed my choices down to the Kelton K3 15 3/8" handle and Hosaluk 18" aluminum handle. The only differences I have found are the plastic handle color, 2 5/8" difference in length and ~ $10 difference in price.

I was hoping someone could help me answer the following questions.

Is the Kelton handle aluminum or steel?

Is the extra 2 5/8" length of the Hosaluk worth the extra $10?

Are there any other differences?

Thanks!

Well, since Mike lives just down the road and I use his system I would recommend it

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra – Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photographer

They are two different things. The Kelton is steel, feels much heavier which I like.
    Also some good reports on these:
    Dave Pebbles Handle
    Our Club members have them. They feels very good and well made. They are only $35.

One other alternative is:
    http://www.monster-wood-tool.com/wst_page7.html
    They are very well made.

These may be the most comfortable and won't roll around, but pricey:
    http://www.hannestool.com/

Do you belong to a turning Club? Handles are just personal things, you have to feel them first hand, and see how they balance in your style of turning. Some of them have single end (double ends upon request); some don't have a through hole. Drilling out the through hole changes the balance of the handle, but allows you to store your gouge(s) inside the handle for protection during traveling. Some single ended handles allow you to put lead shots at the end to dampen vibration.
    Gordon

If you contact Dave Pebbles, he will make a handle any way you like......length.....drilled both ends for different size gouges.....drilled one end and drilled an weigthed other end. Also the price is very good.
    Last edited by Bill Noce; 04-29-2008 at 7:07 AM.

I have the Kelton and Peebles. the Kelton seems to be heavier but not enough to make up the difference in overall feel. I like the Peebles handle and the price is right.