Thread: Need some ideas (Pssst.. pics inside )

Need some ideas (Pssst.. pics inside )

Looking for ideas of what to do with the space under my new TS extension table. I'd like something to hold saw blades, inserts, push sticks, etc. (and my coffee cup). Something that won't be too hard to move to the new shop sometime the end of next summer.

Thought you folks might like a couple shots of my newly expanded basement shop. I used to have the space between the red poles and the wall and it was kinda tight with the wood rack, old TS and such. I feel like i can breath now!

new TS

Looking south

View from the steps

Looking north

Any other thoughts/comments/suggestions in general would be Great!

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Hey Brian, I would build an independent roll cart, like the on in the background behind the red pole (left foreground second pic), to fit in the space. Fill it with drawers or cubby holes (can do that with both the front and back), whatever you need, roll it under there and lock her down. Leave a 6 - 8" gap between the top of the cart and underside of the extension table for your coffee cup, miter slide, push sticks. Fits the bill for what you need, can be moved if necessary, then roll it out to your new shop next summer.
    Last edited by Tony Falotico; 05-23-2004 at 7:41 AM.
    Tony

WOOD Magazine has a plan for a nice one available at this link.

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Movable Cart

Brian
    When I first read your post, I thought movable cart; but then read further down the page and found Tony and Jim's replies. I totally agree - a movable cart is my vote.
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

I like the one Jim has posted. Make sure you enough clearance for the height adjustment wheel.

Something like Jim posted would work well but i might leave the door off.

Mobile is good, especially in this small space and with the pole smack dab in the middle i'm sure i'll need to drag the saw around from time to time for different cuts.
    Are drawers the best choice for blade storage or just hang them on dowels?

Thanks folks!!
    Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Build a cabinet

I built the following cabinet originally for a Jet contractors saw. Later, it worked well underneath a Powermatic 66. I use to store the fence and miter gages on it. On the inside I stored saw accessories, blades, and stuff. It also works well as a low assembly table
    Attached Images Attached Images

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I found it a handy space to store my sled. I built the shelf with two solts in it to accommodate the sled runners. I also have a drawer for router bits and a box that encloses the router.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 05-23-2004 at 3:21 PM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney