Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend doin's?

Question Weekend doin's?

Howdy all,

The sun is shining in Okieland and I'm stuck inside trying to recover from the Creeping Crud, otherwise known as Bronchitis. The weekend looks a little dismal from my viewpoint, but as they say, this too shall pass, one coughing fit at a time!

Hopefully, your weekend will be a bit more pleasant.

Have a great weekend all,
    Bob

The sun is definitely not shining in Bucks County PA today, but it's still Friday. What's not to like about that?

This weekend brings meeting up with Dominic tomorrow morning to scarf more of that cherry along the road south of here...assuming it's still there. The pieces I left behind yesterday require more than one person to roll up a ramp into a pickup truck. Forget lifting them! I may scoot out this afternoon and check out the tree that PenDOT just cut down this morning about a thousand feet up the road...the bowls contained within are calling out to me!

Aside from that, I need to do some shop cleanup and get the turning blanks I prepared last weekend stored away, work on a few loose ends on some other small projects and clean up the front of the property from that little truck accident I posted about in the Off-Topic forum. I may do a little remedial grading given there is no fence in the way.

Dr. SWMBO returns later on Saturday from a few days at NIH in Bethesda, so I expect that dinner and the DVD of the week will be on as normal for that evening. Assuming, of course, that the birdies are not to demanding for head scratches and attention when she pulls in!

>>Update 17:30

Ran down to scarf some of that tree that PenDOT took down earlier today. It was a nice, big maple that had literally split down the middle I grabbed a pickup bed full, some of which you can see below along with two hunks of cherry that I scored yesterday. The larger two portions just behind the cherry appear to have some nice figure in them. The remaining maple I'll drop off at a turning friend's house tomorrow morning as she spins for a living. There is still a LOT more available and I may just grab more on the weekend if someone else doesn't take it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-02-2004 at 6:00 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I am meeting up with a gent here in my part of the globe that is selling off a bunch of veneer slabs. Should be pretty neat(pics could be enroute soon...). I need to finish up the drawers for the Chester County High Chest I am making(pics could be following up real soon.) I am hand cutting all the dovetails for the drawers...sooooo I will be there awhile.

Other then that...should be a rather relaxing weekend...me hopes.

DonnieR

I have got to finish (or, at least get close to finishing) taking apart the portion of my deck that is in the way of my new workshop. I made good progress last Sunday and Monday but since than the weather has been rotten.

Some guys are coming to dig holes and pour piers for the workshop in 18 days which sounds like a long time from now. But, between now and then I will be away for 14 days helping my daughter and her family move from Prince Albert Saskatchewan to Ottawa Ontario (only 3.5 hours away -hurray!).

And, before they come for the piers, I need to clear everything that is in the way of the shop and stake out and mark the location and elevation of the piers.

So, in spite of the fact that it is drizzling out and is only slightly above freezing and that snow is predicted for Sunday, I will mostly be outside dismantling things (and sometimes wishing that I had not built my deck so well 23 years ago).

There is also a fun indoor project that I will be finishing up. I built a box to house my Festool guide rails earlier this week and, this morning, I purchased some paint that is a good match for the Festool colours. I plan to paint the box this weekend and will post pictures when I am finished doing so.

SIGH..............

packing and more packing!!!!!!

The first trailer came late in the afternoon yesterday. Loaded the shop and shed in that one.

The second one comes today and that will take the house stuff.

I got the plans in to the draughtsmen for the new shop and I have heard it looks awesome. I will go and see over Easter holiday.

Apart from that, I will be living at the in laws for a week (the good news is, they are out of town) so some adjusting to be done..........

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Littleton
    packing and more packing!!!!!!
    But you're moving to Paradise, Rob! Prescott is an awesome place to live...and you get a very large shop out of the deal, albeit with a little work and money to be spent to get there.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If I can get my butt outa bed early on Saturday and not spare the whip, I should be able to knock out all the sprinkler work, digging, rock moving, plant ripping out and lawn crap I gotta do.

Sunday could be spent, for the first time in 2 entire weekends, doing some woodworking! Whoo-hoo!! I plan to get to work on the cooling system for my TV Stand...and maybe, maybe, maybe start on the carcass for the drawers on the other side of the fireplace. Once I have the carcass done, we can get the rug replaced. The new rug has been at the dealer for like 6 months now!!

Have a good weekend everyone...I hope mine is productive!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Time off from work for a relaxing time at home begins in roughly:

<font size=+2><B>20 minutes 17 seconds!!!!</B></font>

I won't be back at work until April 12.!!!!!!!!!! This is the FIRST time I've had off for that long in over 5 years.!!!!!!!

Can anybody say: <font size=+3><B>Shop Time!</B></font>
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

You go, Dennis! Make us proud!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Avoiding SMC members. No messing around when it comes to gloats!
    Remuddling punch list. Heading to Chicago for a meeting then visiting some of my sights in WI.
    Work safe. Don't hate me!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Blog Entries
    Will be dedicating some of Saturday to stringing lines across and along the slope of my attached garage floor to determine the consistency of the slope and the width of the floor joists that I will need to begin the floor portion of the garage renovation. By the way, I will be posting a query on the material that I should be using shortly after this one. I would appreciate any help with that one if anyone cares to look it up and offer their suggestions. Will be dragging out the transit in the morning to set marks completely around the garage area and then transfer them down to the height of the joists.

Hopefully, the weather will break in the morning so that I can hook up with a buddy and take in our first dirt track modified stock car show of the season here in central New Jersey. After nearly thirty years of penning weekly racing trade paper columns and race reports, announcing gigs, press relations work and an assortment of other jobs in the racing game, I have now returned to being simply a fan in the stands.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

The weather is great here, so probably more yard, garden and flower bed maintenace. I got an early jump on the weekend and actually have the grass cut already so it looking like a weekend where I will actually get stuff done.The only wood working will be finishing the step stool for my daughter and wait for the arrival of my son( wife' s due date is Monday) so it could be any time now.

Going to spend some time on this mini lathe I bought my son. Scored a bunch of burls and spalted wood while on a business road trip this past week. I'm going to see if I can actualy turn anything, should be interesting...

Waiting for the snow to melt so I can get some yard work done.

Have a great one!

Andy

Bob - take it easy and watch OSU kick some Georgia butt.

Dennis - enjoy your time off!

Me, I'm takin advantage of the nice Okie weather and will be trimming trees, burning limbs, mowing grass and watching a little roundball

Go Cowboys!!

Jeff

I am continuing my complete tear down and rebuild of my pitifull little basement woodshop. I am pumped to be doing it so hopefully I can make some progress with all this crappy weather. Hope Frank can get his deck down and keep warm at the same time...goof luck Frank, you will be my inspiration all weekend. I will just keep thinking...Hey at least I'm not outside in the snow tearing out a deck!!! Good Luck with it!!