Thread: abrasives and where to get them

abrasives and where to get them

Hello all,
    Just wanted to drop a line to all who may be interested in abrasives and would be interested in a good link. I use his productrs for all of my projects. Thery work GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! I have triedr lots of abtasives and these do the job better then ANYTHING I have tried!
    Just an FYI!!

Here is his site
    PS: I get nothing for stating these facts! Just great abrasives at good prices!

VINCESWOODNWONDERS.com

Thanks Mark. Been there done that. He does have some good stuff. I am using up my other stock and will be restocking with his stuff.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Smile

I recently placed an abrasive order with Steve Worcester at http://www.turningwood.com/ and I am absolutely satisfied. For me these are the best disks I have used to date and I've used a lot of different brands. You know your always searching for that elusive best of the best and I will now add these sanding disks to my list of the best right under Doug Thompson's tools.

Mark - I also use Vince's sanding disks and am very happy with the way they cut! Highly recommend checking out Vince's site - great products and very fair prices!

http://www.vinceswoodnwonders.com/
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I tried the discs from Steve, and I would get the outside of a 14 inch bowl done with one disc, and part of the inside before the disc was gone. With the ones from Vince, I will get 2 bowls easy. I do keep the eraser stick handy. The only discs that come close to Vinces are the green ceramic ones. I have tried the gold discs, the mesh ones (better than most, but not as good as the blue, and had trouble getting the 80 grit to stick to the pads), the red aluminum ones, the wave ones, and the white/grey aluminum oxide ones. None of them come close to the blue ones. I just got some of the Astra Dot ones from Woodchucker, and have to try them out. Mike Mahoney recomends the purple ceramic ones from 3M. I haven't tried them out yet. They only come in PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive). I never used PSA because once you remove them from the pad, they never stick back on (dust magnets). I may try them just out of curiosity, but will need a different interface pad for each of the grits. I would expece them to last through several bowls. Cheapest price I have seen for them is from Sanding Glove. Probably more on this later.
    robo hippy

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.
    Vince doesnt carry 6" ? Where do you get those?

Ask Vince, he can punch out just about any size that you need.
    robo hippy