Thread: Finished My TableSaw Mobile Cart

Finished My TableSaw Mobile Cart

I have been taking a break from woodworking for about 4-5 years (took up flying R/C helis ) but i could not stop thinking about getting back to woodworking along with many family requests that were backing up.

This is my first project and since i am limited on space i thought i would condense my tablesaw and router into one mobile cart. searching through the posts i seen a tablesaw cart that would work out perfect so I purchased the plans and customized it to my needs..

the tablesaw is the HF 36727, I bought this for $199 about 6 years ago and after adjusting the saw it is within .001 to the miter (after sitting for a while it is still working great). i also put the dewalt cast iron wings on both sides. the router plate is the Jessem Rout-R-Lift with the hatachi 12v router. the fence is the mulecab accusquare that i extended the rails to fit the cart.

Thanks
    James
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice on the cabinet! Plans or custom?
    Dewey
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

thanks... started from plans then ended up custom...

Very nice James! I did nearly the same thing. Quit woodworking (having moved out from home and into an apartment) and started RC planes & helis. Its fun, but it is a selfish hobby and there's nothing to show for it when you're done. Also, the weather conditions have to be just so... I'm keeping a few basic planes and a basic radio just in case. But for now, I'm back to motorcycling and woodworking.

Welcome to SMC!

Looks good. From the pics, seems you do need to be mobile. Although mine is not mobile I recently added a router to the right of my saw as well. Having the extra wide table makes for better cutting I think.

Glad your back into woodworking and enjoying it again.

Nice job James. I did the same thing a few months back and love it, http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...260#post708260. I added an outfeed table to mine while I was at it so I can pretty much tackle anything now. I am thinking of changing the orientation of the router table on the right so that it is configured the way you have it. It would give me a lot more support that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very Nice James
    aka rarebear - Hand Planes 101 - RexMill - The Resource

That's a great workstation. I'll bet it makes using the saw and router table an absolutely joy. How do you like your Mule fence?

What a great looking cabinet and saw/router combo you built! I did the same thing on my Delta Contractor saw, but I'll admit mine isn't 10% of yours--nicely done! I've always loved the idea of the space savings with the combined unit.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Jeremy yes it is kind of selfish and expensive but i had a blast but now thinking back i could have taken the monies spent on the helis and built a shop with all top-of-the-line equipment, i estimated that i spent upwards of 22k over the years...

Russell i was thinking of an outfeed table but i decided to make the cart 1" taller than my work bench to use also i got a few rollers, i am kind of tight for space so i had to improvise...

Phil i love the fence but too bad the company got sold and i am not sure what their future plans are.

thanks everyone i hope to post some gloats and project pics soon.. i guess for some past due ones i just picked up a dewalt 735 planer and woodmaster 2675 drum sander a couple of months ago..

thanks
    James

I like it, very very nice!

I would like to know where you picked up the router table switch. Yours looks flush mounted. Thats what I am looking for. Thanks,

Rick
    One good turn deserves another

rick i got the switch from grizzly

http://www.grizzly.com/products/110-...f-Switch/H8238

That's it. Thank you. Didn't even think to look at Grizzly.

I see they have a large OFF paddle style as well. I think I'll go with that.

http://www.grizzlyindustrial.com/pro...f-Switch/H8243
    Last edited by Rick Gifford; 05-04-2008 at 1:16 PM.
    One good turn deserves another