Thread: Anyone have Sketchup drawings of WW machines?

Anyone have Sketchup drawings of WW machines?

I thought it might be fun to help learn sketchup my playing with a shop relayout. I've found a few 2D models of tools for different SW programs, but a google search for Sketchup drawings produced nothing. Any sources? thanks...joe

If you do an "Advanced Search" in SMC using "Sketchup + Tools" in the keywords field and selecting the Design Forum as the target, you will get many, many threads about this subject including references to John Y's excellent tool set and other things folks have created and posted here.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Joe,

If you go to the Google 3D Warehouse and search there, you will find many tools. Some which I made .

Thanks,
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Thanks, some but sadly not enough. Guess I get a chance to hone my feable skills...joe

There are dozens and dozens of tools in Google's 3D warehouse, what exactly are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    There are dozens and dozens of tools in Google's 3D warehouse, what exactly are you looking for?
    Ideally my exact tools expertly rendered

I have a Sawstop, 3HP PM Shaper, 14" Dewat RAS, 16" Laguna BS, PM planer, PM jointer, Oneida cyclone, yada yada.

There are some very well done machines, but none that are close to what I need. I did find a couple of very well done cabinet saws, maybe I'll modify one of them. I found a great bench too.

You may just have to take measurements on your tools and your shop and make your own 2d templates, then move them around on your shop layout.
    Dewey
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jensen View Post
    Ideally my exact tools expertly rendered
    That would be fun and would be useful for making a realistic looking model. But for planning purposes, you might find that you are better off with models which are accurate in critical measurements and about the right shape.

Highly detailed models take a lot of memory and processor time and can make your plan harder to use. I often make two models, one with high detail and a simplified version.

If I want to use a model made by someone else, I usually modify it to fit the measurements of my own tools.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Smile ww models for sketchup

Joe

I think you will find just what you want at the following site:

www.yda-online.com/shopmodels.htm

Have fun

Carl Schellenberg

Joe, don't become so enthralled with the visual aspects of the shop layout with all of the prety tools that you forget to allow for infeed/outfeed space. A 4x8' sheet takes up lots of room and doesn't show up on the model of the table saw.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    Joe, don't become so enthralled with the visual aspects of the shop layout with all of the prety tools that you forget to allow for infeed/outfeed space. A 4x8' sheet takes up lots of room and doesn't show up on the model of the table saw.
    I've been WW'ing for over 30 years so I know the space requirements. Just this week I was asking how much more room sliders take than TS. I was ripping 4 by 8 sheets last night and I realized that the way the shop is layed out now, I can only get 10 feet in front of the blade on the TS, so a slider may not be out of the question.

I was asking about the models more as an excuse to start playing more with Sketchup. I've found a few, but now my wife has me looking at possible remodels of the master bath and I'm using sketchup so she can better visualize...joe

Joe, I can provide you with a SketchUp! version of the Minimax S315WS slider if you want to play with it for a size perspective. It should be similar to any 8.5' slider, give or take. You need 19' total for a complete end-to-end movement of that size slider. Let me know....I can post it later in the week. It's not on a computer I have access to right now.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...