Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HD & Bessey

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
    Dale, I think John must be playing with his photo editing software. Drastically playing...

David,
    I realize that modern software can work miracles. However, there ARE limits!! He should give up and quit pasting on that mustache. On the other hand, we have to consider his status with the KGB, FBI, CIA, M1(Scotland Yard), etc. Let's give the guy a break and let him hide behind his cheese and bratwurst.

Dale T.
    Hmmm...Strange, this new software is. I thought I posted a "reply" to this one and it doesn't show up. Oh well. Dale, glad you suggest in "giving me a break". I need it.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Clamps?

Why don't you guys quit all the griping about "clamps" and get yourselves a "Pocket Hole" jig? Am I BRILLIANT or what!!?

Dale T.

p.s. "ANY PERSON WHO HAS ENOUGH CLAMPS EITHER DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH PROJECTS OR IS DEAD!!" Whatever, that is how my tombstone is engraved.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
    Why don't you guys quit all the griping about "clamps" and get yourselves a "Pocket Hole" jig? Am I BRILLIANT or what!!?

Dale T.

p.s. "ANY PERSON WHO HAS ENOUGH CLAMPS EITHER DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH PROJECTS OR IS DEAD!!" Whatever, that is how my tombstone is engraved.
    OK, now that you mention it, I'll vote for the "..or what!!?"

You ARE right about the second statement, though! If I'm lucky, by the time I kick off, I'll have enough clamps for LOML to sell off to rich guys like you to pay for the Services!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

I scored (6) 24's today!

I scored (6) 24's today at one of my local big orange boxes. They were white tagged at $25. Go figure. Thanks guys for sharing the info on the lower price. I missed out on, or really passed over the Jorgie orgie because of the cracking problems I had read about. It really feels good to score the best (bessies) at a great price. All six are in use as we speak

HD vs Lowes. Aren't they the same?

Gotta agree with Jim on this one.. I drive 40 miles and I have an HS and Lowe's within 4 blocks of each other. Right now my wife has me in landscape mode. Lowe's does better there. However, when it comes to my really passion (sawdust) neither store stands out above the other.
    happen over Christmas. Lowe's had a sale on a laser level, $39.00 down to $19.00. My wife wanted to get her dad one. We got out of the house a little late that day and missed the sale. By noon, all the laser levels were gone from Lowe's. Trust me, we drove to quite a few.
    Had some things to pick up at Home Depot. Made it to my local one around 8:00PM. Sure enough, there on a table in front of the tool crib was a stack of laser levels, the very same ones, with a very unprofessional taped sign (paper and magic marker) pricing them at $18.95. Guess they heard of the sale at Lowe's.
    Wife got what she wanted, I bought a few extras for stocking stuffers.
    When I want wood, I go to a lumber yard. When I need a gadget, I'll take either HD or Lowe's. Haven't really noticed a difference between em.

Not sure why I missed this thread when it started but if you are looking at the bessys at the depot and if you can still find any, talk to the tool manager and see if she/he will discount them more. I went to 2 different stores and bought all they had for 1/2 the sale price. That's 12.50 for the 24". Basically I scored 30 in various sizes for an average price of about 18 bucks. Steve
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins
    Not sure why I missed this thread when it started but if you are looking at the bessys at the depot and if you can still find any, talk to the tool manager and see if she/he will discount them more. I went to 2 different stores and bought all they had for 1/2 the sale price. That's 12.50 for the 24". Basically I scored 30 in various sizes for an average price of about 18 bucks. Steve
    That's pretty awesome! The last I looked, they only have a couple long ones left and they're still at $40.00, like they've been for the last several weeks. For whatever reason, our HD is not really aggressive in moving their "closeout" items. Now that I think about it, they're not too aggressive in the Customer Service dept., either! I stopped in last week, just to pick up a few small items and spent more time in the checkout line watching the ditz at the register yacking to her counterparts! She had some "other" stuff to log in some book, as well, and when she went to go after the log book, she was moving so slow, you'd almost swear she was going backwards! Just absolutely portrayed the ideal "Don't give a schmidt" attitude! Ooooops...Sorry! Rant "off". Maybe I'll check the next time I'm forced to go in there....Thanks for the tip, Steve!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

There are still a few at HD on Galleria Drive in Buffalo area on Saturday

Ed