Thread: Stanley & Millers Falls Patents

Stanley & Millers Falls Patents

If anybody is interested I have about 100 or so of Stanley Rule & Level Company patents on my website, starting in 1874 to 1920.

Also about 50 or so of Millers Falls patents, starting in 1881 to 1949

They are useful if you like old pictures or information on what they were issued for. Each one has a link to a pdf file ranging in size of 50K upto 500K

Patents

Regards,

Randy

Blog Entries
    Thanks, it is enjoyable stuff to read at times.

Also helpful in understanding and dating tools by the changes made during their production years.

jim

Thanks, Randy. I found to be fascinating and I printed out quite a few of them. I might even see if I could have some enlarged for framing. Thanks for your effort. There is a lot of detail to be learned. For example, I never realized that the fork that fits over the frog adjusting screw on Stanley planes allows for lateral adjustment of the frog. I'm going back and checking square on all of mine now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brady View Post
    Thanks, Randy. I found to be fascinating and I printed out quite a few of them. I might even see if I could have some enlarged for framing. Thanks for your effort. There is a lot of detail to be learned. For example, I never realized that the fork that fits over the frog adjusting screw on Stanley planes allows for lateral adjustment of the frog. I'm going back and checking square on all of mine now.
    My method of setting this has been to leave it a little loose while setting up the frog. When it gets into square, the top screw is tightened with the fork somewhat centered over the adjustment screw.

I will have to look at the patent information to see if it has something not learned in the school of hard knocks.

jim