Thread: Problems with Jointech...

Problems with Jointech...

So I thought I would put this out there to the woodworking community and see if there was anyone else that is having the same problem as I am.

I recently purchased Jointechs sawtrain system with several accesories and a new General 650 tablesaw . Of course when I got the stuff I spent the next couple days reading the directions on how to set it up and get it all fine tuned. That was when I noticed the problem. I had only cut maybe 3 or 4 peices of wood on my router table(The router lift is built into the tablesaw extension and uses the same fence as the saw on the Jointech system) and I noticed a problem with the locking cam on my fencing system. One of the pins that the cam rotates on had slipped out of its hole and was now sliding around and totally throughing off the caming action of the locking mechanism. Of course I wasn't very happy and soon realized that this was going to be a warranty issue. So I took a ton of pictures and emailed them to Jointech with a big letter stating the problem. To jointechs credit, they reviewed the pics and had a new clincher sent out to me within 2 days! Here is why I am writing to see if anyone else has had similar problems. Today I received the new clincher and installed in to my system and within 5 minutes it was doing the same thing as my old one.

I know from reading on this forum and others that Jointech is a fairly respected company and I'm having a hard time understanding how they got that reputation if this is the quality of work. Can anyone let me know there experiences and if they have recently had the same problem.

Matt

Is there anyone that could answer me on this?

Matt

Matt I have used the dog out of my clincher on my router table and never had any issues with the locking lever. Call Ernest and talk to him. Maybe there was a bad run of parts or something. He is a nice guy and should be able to help.

Good Luck

Alan

Why not post a pic or two here so we can see what you are talking about?

5. Matt,

First, I have to apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I would like for you to know that I WILL get to the bottom of this immediately and have a positioner sent out to correct the issue. The last thing I want to see is negative postings about our systems.

We have not had a problem with the Clincher production. From your description it sounds like you are describing a problem with the ~3.0" stainless steel pin that is housed in the actuator frame of the Clincher Cam Handle. If it slips out of the openings that hold it in place it will be a problem. This is not an occurance that is acceptable. For it to happen to you twice is nothing short than an embarassment. I accept full responsibilty and I will make it right. When I get to my office later this morning I will work on your issue first. iTools Company fully stands behind the Jointech line of products and I will personally oversee the replacement while it is being constructed. I'll pull your information from my dataBase and inform you of the status later today.

Knowing the design of the Clincher inside and out - there are not many ways for the stainless steel pin to fall out of it's frame.
    1) It was either cut below the allowed tolerance.
    2) The actuator frame was not square - leaving the openings too far apart for the 3.0" pin to firmly seat.
    3) Or the spring loaded screws on the base were not tight enough which would allow the entire mechanism to spread apart and let the stainless steel pin to slip out.

I can not make a for sure assesment until I get that machine back inhouse. Again, I apologize for the problem -- I will take care of this.

Ernest Saldana

Matt - I don't have Jointech's system on my table saw, but I do have it on my router table. I also have their digital router lift and miter sled. I very much enjoy using all three, and I think you will be pleased with your purchase once things are sorted out. Ernest will take care of you.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Well I couldn't of had a better reply than that. I really appreciate your post Ernest and your professional approach to this problem. Based on your reply I have full confidence that this is just a glitch that has fallen through the cracks and that your going to do everything you can to fix this. I had a strong feeling that it was something like this and that this is not standard for your company or iTools would not have the reputation it has. I'll give you a call here in the next couple days and we can work things out.

Matt

8. Same Clincher troubles

I know I'm replying to an old post but I'm new and can't post new. Hopefully you have worked out the problems with your unit. My clincher system is not clinching properly and seems to have too much play when the threads are engaged. Seems to me that the clincher handle should have the same resistance going into the open as well as closed mode. Mine is stiff going open and very light going into the engaged mode. I can't see any adjustment screws for this so think there may be a missing part. Is there a parts diagram for this beast? Any help would be most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Barber View Post
    Well I couldn't of had a better reply than that. I really appreciate your post Ernest and your professional approach to this problem. Based on your reply I have full confidence that this is just a glitch that has fallen through the cracks and that your going to do everything you can to fix this. I had a strong feeling that it was something like this and that this is not standard for your company or iTools would not have the reputation it has. I'll give you a call here in the next couple days and we can work things out.

Matt

Brian....you can certainly post new......Go to the appropriate forum and select "Post New Thread"....click on it and post away....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....