Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend doin's?

Question Weekend doin's?

Good Friday moning everyone,

Threatening rain here in Okieland for today and tomorrow. So maybe I will get a little shop time tomorrow. Sunday being Easter, will mean family goings on, but then I always enjoy the grandkids.

So, what's happening in your world this weekend?

Have a great weekend all,
    Bob

Well, we had some company arrive last night--some left-coast, online friends of LOML and their two young children who are visiting friends and family here in the east. I believe they are headed down the road mid-day and the weekend can get started after a visit from an insurance adjuster and a bit of work for the "real job".

With any luck, I'll get some shop time this weekend; tonight and on Sunday. Saturday, we are attending an outing at Longwood Gardens with another bunch of LOML's online friends from the TableTalk forums, so I doubt much shop activity will be on the plate.

I also need to do a few final things on this nice, new computer to do the big switchover and also finalize our tax returns and get them transmitted...it's that time of the year again!

Have a great weekend, everyone.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

What Else ?

What else would I do ??

I have a long list of free kit requests to fill. So it is sort, count, package 1000 pen kits. Then box & address 17 free kit requests and 3 bulk buy orders. Then I need to turn 14 Chaplain pens.

Sunday morning I need to hide some eggs and in the afternoon go out and see if I can find them . "Senility is not a disease, it's a fact of life"

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Soggy Bottom Folks,

That kitchen punch list is getting longer instead of shorter. I'm hoasting the holiday festivities in my new kit. Pretty brave on the part of my family if you ask me.
    Low voltage task lighting and under cabinet lights are in and working!!!
    Now where do I hide all those wires

Finally hired pros to clean inside and out. Not my favorite past time and just don't have the time.
    Have a great weekend. Go easy on the jelly beans.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Busy weekend started today

I took today off to catch up. I have to ship some marking knives, get some handles turned for another batch of snakewood knives since I sold out. I have to lay down more grass seed and the fertilizer and grab grass prevent which will still allow new grass to sprout. Hopefully my g-g-g grandfather's other tool chest will arrive at my office today from Idaho where my uncle has had it for the last 40 plus years. I'll post pix if it comes folks.

Then there's this slight matter of cleaning up the house for the arrival of Ben and Doug from Shepherd Tools who will be my houseguests for the next two nites. I don't really figure it needs much cleaning, but Management has given the orders and my lot is but to obey. (see meaning of the acronym SWMBO) Tomorrow Ben and Doug are doing a demo and running a class on infill plane making for our guild. I'll be building my second Shepherd, a chariot plane.

Sunday is making more marking knife handles, workiing on some awls, and starting a batch of cutting gages. I'll try to post some pix of the plane making class over on the Neanderthal side of SMC.

Now everyone play safe out there.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Trip down to St. Petersburg Fl to visit daughter and son-in-law this weekend. That means no shop time, but get to go to the 'Big City' and stop by Woodcraft Supply. Hopefully they have a PC 121 and some other GOODIES to follow me home.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter Weekend. Keep the focus on HIM (Whomever that is for you) who makes it all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Sunday morning I need to hide some eggs and in the afternoon go out and see if I can find them . "Senility is not a disease, it's a fact of life"
    LOL, I hear ya' Ken, They say sex drive goes first, memory second, but quite frankly, I don't remember which went when!
    Last edited by Tony Falotico; 04-09-2004 at 10:04 AM.
    Tony

Well it is strongly looking like this weekend will be my fourth of zero ww'ing! I'm still wrastlin' sprinklers in my yard. If I ever find the moron who buried the lines 18" deep...well, look for me on your P.O. wall....

Toss in that the LOML and I will kill half a Saturday sitting in our respective dentist chairs getting some enamel ground and I don't see a lot of yardwork happening on Saturday.

Some of you know (and my profile indicates) that I am from Colorado and well, it is BASEBALL season again AND that always means: PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!!

And, NO!, I am not a San Jose Sharks' fan...it is the Colorado Avalanche all the way, Baby!!!

Any Detroit Red Wings' fans on here??? C'mon out...it's okay....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Well.....................bet yu cant guess what Im doing this weekend...

Driving to Arizona to meet the trailers to unload into the new house.

I will be able to unpack the new boxed lathe but not sure ill get much time on it. Gonna hang out there all week and come back to CA next Monday to continue back at the slave drive place they call work.

Hopefully, the painting is done and the LOML has ordered soap stone for the units so that should be ordered. I know there is some tiling going on too somewhere.......(guess whos in control of this project. Not me obviously)

I ordered the Hot Dawg and the Oneida so that should be at the property waiting for me.

I hate the thought of the drive but hey ho, gotta be done.

Have a wonderful Easter. He is the reason for this season :-)

Praise the Lord.

Rob, let me know when you are back in town...I'll show you around the gara...er, shop! I promise!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Got my weekend started early, off work today. I did a little work already on a fishing lure display case for my father-in-law. I am making it out of walnut and will do some glass panel doors. I also would like to get a start on some raised panel cabinet doors for a sewing cabinet I made for SWMBO almost a year ago. Yikes! She said she hasn't minded using it minus the doors but would like to see them on.

Have a good weekend everyone!
    The G-Man

This weekend I go jointerless for 2 weeks as I ship mine head to Byrd for the making of a helical, so on the agenda is building a box to keep FedEx Ground from denting about 100# of steel. Good timing as I have a stress fracture of my right foot, and so heavy lifting, etc., is not possible. Will try to do the light work of rebuilding my shop for the advent of the already gloated used tools which will arrive in a couple of weeks. A very exciting time in the life a a tool addict.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Gredo Goldenstein
    Got my weekend started early, off work today. I did a little work already on a fishing lure display case for my father-in-law. I am making it out of walnut and will do some glass panel doors. I also would like to get a start on some raised panel cabinet doors for a sewing cabinet I made for SWMBO almost a year ago. Yikes! She said she hasn't minded using it minus the doors but would like to see them on.
    Gredo!
    You A New Kid?? Welcome To the Creek Bro. Tried to stealth in hay?? Thank god, just in time. We are about run over with cheese.
    This is a great bunch. Got a hot contingent in Viking Land, The folks on the right and left coasts are very creative. Arteests!! And those Southern Ladies and Gents just blow me away. A real fine international community
    Glad to have you on board and remember lots of pictures OK, some of the Packer fans have trouble with the words.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 04-10-2004 at 3:23 AM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

I have got the Stubby running flat out. Count today 2 Box Elder, 1 Catalpa, 1 Red Elm, 2 Spalted Maple. Borrowed a coring tool and am going to try it tomorrow on a huge Ash blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Quiram
    I have got the Stubby running flat out. Count today 2 Box Elder, 1 Catalpa, 1 Red Elm, 2 Spalted Maple. Borrowed a coring tool and am going to try it tomorrow on a huge Ash blank.
    You know the rules!
    "Show Me the Pix" (For WI)
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Hey Mr. Lasley.....

I have spent at least 8 to 10 hours a day in the shop EVERY DAY this week and don't think I'm gonna stop before SUNDAY!!!! Got the Adirondack chairs done, finished the adirondak table to go with the chairs, turned 55 pens, turned one bowl and working on another one.

What am I going to do this weekend? More shop time!!!!

It will be church Sunday and some time with family and friends and THEN it's back to the SHOP BEFORE I have to go back to work on Monday!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.