Thread: Recent project *PICS*

Recent project *PICS*

Since there has been an increasing plea for pictures, I thought I'd throw these out for viewing. Plans came from WOOD magazine last Fall. LOML was looking over my shoulder as I was reading and thought this would be a nice addition to the kitchen! Since I had a short and wide piece of maple just waiting for the right project, here is the result.

This was my first project from published plans, and my first working with angled pieces. If I ever make more for the other women in my life...no. not what you are thinking . my mother, sister, sister-in-law I will make some modifications, and some jigs for glue up.

Accents, dowels are walnut, and the rest is maple. Finish is Armorseal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

NiceJob Mark

I should make one of these for my wife so she doesn't have to hold her books open with a can. Alan
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

Mark, nice wood selection on this piece. Centering that figure feature really sets it off! Great job.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Tolchinsky
    I should make one of these for my wife so she doesn't have to hold her books open with a can. Alan
    Alan LMAO!

Mark, Too nice. Love the contrast of woods.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Mark, nice job. The maple looks great. Funny though, I was just looking at the same issue and was tapped for the pizza peel. Pretty popular issue among the ladies I guess.