Thread: Go get it or let it pass?

Go get it or let it pass?

I found a three year old Nova DVR not a XP for sale. It's about a 6 hour drive each way or about $150 gas round trip. Asking price $1450 which includes outboard tool rest attachment and bed extension.

Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated.
    Gary

"It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give happiness. " Thomas Jefferson

Pass.
    For that price you could get a Jet 1642 which would give you more bang for the buck.

Disclosure: I own a Nova 1624 so I'm not biased one way or the other, no pun intended.

Burt

3. I own a DVR that's about the same age and I have only good things to say about it. The features are not the same as the Jet 1642. I've found the rotating head stock to be a very handy feature. Also, I'd love to have the outrigger, which adds about another $300 to the cost of the machine. So, figure the seller paid about $2300 for the unit and three years later he wants $1450. Probably a fair price, maybe just a touch high, in my estimation. If he'd include a Nova chuck in the deal (mine came with the SN2) it be worth the drive. The $150 in gas sure figures in the equation these days!

Good luck, and be sure to post a picture with your new acquisition.

Don

I am like Don. I have the Nova DVR XP for 2 yrs now and have nothing bad to say about it either. I agree with Don on the rotating headstock. I paid around $2500 for mine with the outboard rig and bed extension.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks for the responses, I have some things to consider. I am pretty sure if it was this side of Washington DC(within 2 hours), and $200 less it would be in my shop right now.
    One of these days I need to learn to take an acceptable photo of the stuff that comes off of my little Rikon, and find out if anyone here thinks I should keep wasting my money on these turning toys.

Thanks,
    Gary
    Gary

"It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give happiness. " Thomas Jefferson