Thread: Appliance Garage Cabinet

Talking Appliance Garage Cabinet

I have been working on this project off and on for over a year (lots of interruptions, other projects, etc.). I have discussions about the process on my Blog if you are interested. On the Blog you can see animations on the features and how the cabinet goes together, as well as a bunch of pics. I don't have any pics of the earliest work on the cabinet because I hadn't started documenting my projects then. Here are a few pictures from my Picasa web album.

Attachment 89540
    This shot of the whole cabinet has already been posted in another forum, so it won't show without clicking, and then it opens in another window (bummer...).

AG-Drawers.jpg
    The left drawers are for pot lids and the right drawers are for small appliances.

AG-WorkSurface.jpg
    The work surface slides out so you are not working in a cave. Note the outlets in the back-splash. This called for a bit of creative designing to accomplish.

IMG_1844.jpg
    The tambour can be lowered with the work surface out so you can keep "stuff" out of the inside of the cabinet.

nice work.
    like the idea for lid drawers. i have been contemplating a workable solution to a similar problem.

Previously, I had adapted a narrow cabinet below the stove, but it was so cramped that the lids in the upper and lower drawer bumped as a drawer was opened and closed. Drove the LOML crazy, so I had to revisit the problem.

Nicely done and attractive, Dik. The design is cleverly planned. When I first looked I had a brain lapse and though it was a shop cabinet. I clicked on and "whoa".... that looks like it should be in the kitchen.

When I went back to read carefully.. you must have read my mind as it was.

Well done and pur-tee...

Sarge.