Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help - double image

We had similar problem - replaced CPU

Hello - Back about 10 years ago our ULS25PSR had a double image problem. Replacing the CPU fixed it, and it was the first thing Universal suggested. Just keep that in mind if nothing else works. Good luck!
    Rob Sandall
    Bullfrog Graphics, LLC
    Portland, Oregon 97216

You can tune a laser, but you can't tuna fish

The good news:

Finally got to talk to a senior guy at ULS tech support, who explained it was a software problem. The control panel has a function called tuning, that controls when the laser fires on the right and left hand pass (like an ink jet printer). Couple of tests and right on the money!

The bad news:

After running one job the laser head took off and beat itself against the stop pin to the point of knocking it out of the track assembly. New control board in the next morning (overnight sat deliv. I paid difference). When hooked up got "low battery error", new battery, old CPU, new sensor board (that the battery drives) all the same. No go. At this point I'm not looking for help from you guys (and gals), (but if you have any suggestions I'll listen) tech support is doing their best, but I think I could use your prayers, I need to get back up and running.

ps

a one hour job on the laser takes all day on a Hermes 9000, but it's a good backup.
    George

"The more I learn, the less I know."

DiJeES
    VersaLaser 30W 2.8 w\ Rotary Attachment, Hermes 7000 Rotary Engraver, Corel 11 & X3, Photoshop 5, Unimat, MultiCam 3000 CNC Router, etc--etc.

George,

A low battery error means the 9 Volt battery that runs the over temp sensor is low it is on the back of the system attached are instructions to change it.

What version of software do they have you running?

Double check all of your connections on the CPU the sensor board plugs directly into the CPU and one of the connections could be loose or bad.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike Mackenzie; 06-10-2008 at 5:12 PM.

Good News

The laser is working, (right now!, playing catchup). It turns out that the early versalaser 30 wt (2.3) had a cable that was not keyed. I must have put in in the wrong way, ( I mean if it fits in it's in right isn't it ?). This caused a cascade failure of all the boards. ALL new boards arrived this (Sat ) morning, with a new keyed cable. She's a up and running. Now all I have to do is put her clothes back on. Think I'll run a couple of jobs first to make sure.
    George

"The more I learn, the less I know."

DiJeES
    VersaLaser 30W 2.8 w\ Rotary Attachment, Hermes 7000 Rotary Engraver, Corel 11 & X3, Photoshop 5, Unimat, MultiCam 3000 CNC Router, etc--etc.