Thread: Moveing to the BIG time

Moveing to the BIG time

We've had a Multimate 3000 sitting on the floor for sometime now, unused. I got it up and running, and have even cut a few files, 2d and 3d. Now that I have the ability to change bits on the fly, could someone direct me to a good book or i-net source that would tell me what bits I need to use for different materials and finishes. I know, newbe question, but I've been using a 2d CNC and just cutting starboard and plexi for flat cuts, and thats all I know. Any direction would be appreciated.
    George

"The more I learn, the less I know."

DiJeES
    VersaLaser 30W 2.8 w\ Rotary Attachment, Hermes 7000 Rotary Engraver, Corel 11 & X3, Photoshop 5, Unimat, MultiCam 3000 CNC Router, etc--etc.

George

Hop over to CNCZONE and poke around there for a spell. I do know that most manufacturers have charts for material types, recommended speed, bits....the list goes on. All this from someone who is still dreaming of getting something a bit more durable than my CarveWright

Bruce

tooling

Multicam has several pieces of information on their site and their forums are also useful. Onsrud catalogs have also got good data.

Amana has a pretty good feed chart too.

http://www.amanatool.com/2008catalog..._feed_info.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Volden View Post
    George

...a bit more durable than my CarveWright

Bruce

Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean.

Ken,

Sorry~http://www.carvewright.com/ this may help.

Bruce

Thanks to everybody, once again I got my 6 bucks worth. The links were just what I was looking for and I even have suppliers for a couple of sources in the neighborhood.

Thanks again
    George

"The more I learn, the less I know."

DiJeES
    VersaLaser 30W 2.8 w\ Rotary Attachment, Hermes 7000 Rotary Engraver, Corel 11 & X3, Photoshop 5, Unimat, MultiCam 3000 CNC Router, etc--etc.

Quote Originally Posted by
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [B
    Bruce Volden[/B]
    George

...a bit more durable than my CarveWright

Bruce

Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean.

Yes, I know durable too... Someday, I will have a real CNC, but for now the answer to durability is redundicy.... Just got my 3rd machine.... #2 and 3 at half price so it didn't hurt as much.

Over 700 hours on my main machine and going strong. #2 gave up parts a few times to keep up production so hopefully with 3 I will have 2 going.

AL (digitalwoodshop)