Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hartville Tools...like 'em a lot

Hartville Tools...like 'em a lot

I think in this day and age you have to give credit where credit is due. I love Hartville Tools www.hartvilletool.com. Over the weekend I got some cash I hadn't been expecting. I've had my eye on the Kreg Master Jig kit for a while, and Hartville had it for $139 with 4 videos on various topics, but the sale ended May 31st. I emailed June 2nd, asked if I could still get the sale price. They emailed back within the hour and said yes. I ordered it, and it was waiting at my door when I got home today. It hasn't even been posted to my credit yet, and shipping was free.

They've price matched, answered every question I've ever asked accurately and quickly, and best of all, no mistakes. I don't work for them and I don't own them. They're just a good place to deal with.

FYI, Coastal Tool has it for the same price with a large assortment of pocket hole screws. But I think the $20 rebate just ended...
    Doug, the "Wood Loon"
    Acton, MA

72, slow road cyclist, woodworking dabbler, tool junkie , and
    bonsai enthusiast.
    Now, if I could just stay focused longer than a few weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hobkirk View Post
    FYI, Coastal Tool has it for the same price with a large assortment of pocket hole screws. But I think the $20 rebate just ended...
    LOL, Coastal Tool is a couple of miles from where I work. They ran their business out of a house and garage for years in Hartford. Their new building is a lot bigger - good guys. They know tools. Primarily cater to the local tradesman, hand/power tools and the like - the workmen want a place they can go to where they'll get honest answers with no fluff and Coastal's been like that for years.

I bought several big Delta machines from them awhile ago - DJ-20, 3HP shaper, etc.

If you see their clamp display you'll just stand and drool.

I have the privilege

of living within a couple of miles of the store, they are as top notch in person as they are on-line!!

I live about 40 miles from Hartville Tool and know some of the management team. They are first-rate honest folks who hire and train well.

I've purchased my DW735 Planer, X5 Unisaw, Delta DC and General Mortiser from them over the past three years. Each purchase was the best price possible, online or at other retailers.

Kudos to Hartville Tool.
    Trees. Tools. Time.

I have only purchased casters from Hartville. The casters are the best and the price and service is incomparable. Beats the locals from step 1.

In the last few weeks I placed my first order with them. Everything was as expected and received in two days. I will order again. In fact I will visit them this fall when I take my annual trip up north to Sugar Creek, Ohio. Anyone know how far it is from there to Hartville tool?

Gotta love their shipping!

I just placed an order for 8 chisels yesterday. as the order was over &75, I got free shipping. But wait.... UPS shows that they will be delivered TOMORROW! Wow...free 2 DAY shipping? That's great!
    Maurice

Although I have not purchased a lot of things from Hartville Tool, they have always been very good with fulfillment...consistent. Coastal Tool was mentioned in this thread, too...excellent outfit also with very good customer services.

We are all pretty lucky that we have good vendors like Hartville, Coastal, Lee Valley, etc., catering to our woodworking avocations and businesses...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The good ones hang around and get noticed and word of positive mouth spreads like a virus!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    In the last few weeks I placed my first order with them. Everything was as expected and received in two days. I will order again. In fact I will visit them this fall when I take my annual trip up north to Sugar Creek, Ohio. Anyone know how far it is from there to Hartville tool?
    Hi Dave. Hartville Tool is in Hartville Ohio, an Amish area, at the intersection of SR 619 and SR43.

I like to use Mapquest to get locations and routes between two towns. You don't need an address, just the city and state.

If you are referring to "Sugarcreek" up near Millersburg, Hartville is 45 miles east of there. ( There is also a "Sugar Creek" south of Columbus and Zanesville.) I grew up in Akron, and still remember a lot of the country side.
    Best Regards, Ken

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Russell View Post
    LOL, Coastal Tool is a couple of miles from where I work. They ran their business out of a house and garage for years in Hartford. Their new building is a lot bigger - good guys. They know tools. Primarily cater to the local tradesman, hand/power tools and the like - the workmen want a place they can go to where they'll get honest answers with no fluff and Coastal's been like that for years.

I bought several big Delta machines from them awhile ago - DJ-20, 3HP shaper, etc.

If you see their clamp display you'll just stand and drool.
    rob, i bought my first cordless makita drill there about 30 yrs ago. still runs and coastal is still a first class place to do business with.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keane View Post
    I have only purchased casters from Hartville. The casters are the best and the price and service is incomparable. Beats the locals from step 1.
    I have also ordered casters from Hartville Tool, they are the best. Good company to deal with.

If you have their 2007/2008 master catalog, the front and back covers, and a two page spread inside, have pictures of carved locomotives. The story of this amazing carver is incredible. Visit - http://www.warthers.com/index.htm . Thanks to Hartville Tool for sharing this story.

Larry

Hello Dave,
    In fact I will visit them this fall when I take my annual trip up north to Sugar Creek, Ohio. Anyone know how far it is from there to Hartville tool?
    ~ 45/50 min drive.
    Hop on 77N, get off @ 241. Take 241 to 619.
    Just East of 43 is Hartville Tool.
    Nice store. I've lived in Akron/Canton are since 1986, and this past Feb was the first time I visted them - go figure!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Yep... you can throw my vote into the pile as well... just made my first purchase from them and was very, very pleased to see it arrive two days later... with free shipping. I had the catalog shipped along with my order and I am already starting to put together a list of additional things for my next order.
    Quote of the day: "If man isn't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?" - Socrates (Fred Socrates, Winder, GA)

Cheers!
    Randy